Pop in steering wheel

JakeJK

that seemed like a lot of vertical play in the ball joint, try removing the cotter pin, tighten it one open space on the nut then replace the cotter pin and see if it makes a difference.

I will try and get those tightened down and let you know if it helps, hopefully it will I'm not going to be able to afford to fix anything steering linkage/gear box related right now haha

Pyro1415

Hey guys so i got up under it and everything seems tight... But I got my wheels off the ground and used a flat crobar (I think that's how you spell it)
And wedged it under the tire and got a little up and down movement. I will upload the videos to YouTube and can you guys let me know if this is not normal? I try to act like I'm mechanically inclined but I don't have much experience haha.

Ball joints. I recommend poly or if you will be upgrading axles soon just get the cheapest possible. Think it's moag?

jeeeep

Hooked
yeah, it's a shame moog used to be pretty good. If you need to replace the ball joints on a budget, get the HD Crown - they make 2 versions with the same product number, get the ones that end in HD

JakeJK

I'm going to see if tightening them does anything when I get home from class, if not looks like I'll be looking to buy some HD crowns because I still haven't even been able to save up and buy tires :(

toxicwaste29

I have heard bad from moog lately. I have had over 40k miles on my moog ball joints and luckily haven't had an issues with them. There tie rods ends though I have had issues but with a lifetime warranty I just take them to the store as needed and get them replaced for free.

Top Bottom