Popping noise help

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
If it's not that popping sound, maybe your track bar or sway bar hitting your exhaust. Did this particular kit have you relocate the sway bar? I believe the control arms are longer than factory. Just throwing ideas out there

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
Did you relocate your steering stabilizer? In some cases when you relocate your steering stabilizer you have to turn the sleeve on the drag link 90 degrees. When this is done the bolt on the sleeve hits the differential causing a pop. If you relocated your stabilizer this could be the problem.

ClarksAdventures

If it's not that popping sound, maybe your track bar or sway bar hitting your exhaust. Did this particular kit have you relocate the sway bar? I believe the control arms are longer than factory. Just throwing ideas out there

I think I may have figured it out. Maybe...

The bolt on my rear sway bar link seems to be catching then slipping off the rear corner of my bumpstop. A little trimming this week, and I'll see if that solves it.

Thanks for all the help guys!

dwmgcs

I think I may have figured it out. Maybe...

The bolt on my rear sway bar link seems to be catching then slipping off the rear corner of my bumpstop. A little trimming this week, and I'll see if that solves it.

Thanks for all the help guys!

If you don't get it fixed, call or text me and we can put up on my lift and check it out, mines on the lift at the moment but should be off there in a few days.

ClarksAdventures

If you don't get it fixed, call or text me and we can put up on my lift and check it out, mines on the lift at the moment but should be off there in a few days.

I saw the pictures! I'm jealous! Thanks for the offer, I may be taking you up on that soon.

ClarksAdventures

Thanks to dwmgcs for his help today!
I think we solved the annoying noise after checking all of the torque on the rear trackbar and trackbar mounts.

It always helps to have a friend with a lift!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431805337.576252.jpg

Toxic

If that didn't work check your front track bar bushing passenger side that's where my popping or clunk was when turning left or right slow into the driveway or even with a little bit of a slope.

HIlife

I have RK 3.5 X factor on mine and have had the popping noise when accelerating from a stop for a while, I have heard that their sway bar links are very noisy, and today, i found out that was the cause. messed with them a bit and it all went away

Top Bottom