Power steering box

jeeeep

Hooked
start with the most expensive options 1st....

I knew I should've bought a new Rubicon, taken the serpentine belt off it to fix mine with :doh:

zombie hunter

Don't know who "everyone" is but it would appear that you tend to take the advice of people who aren't on this forum.
Everyone as in the local workshops. No everyone was very helpful and i appreciate it, i took everyones advice nd had those areas checked nd the only problems we found were the box, drag link nd ball joints but like i said the DL nd BJ are not that bad

Sent from my SM-G920F using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
You really should get lower adjustable control arms and fix the caster it will make a difference and how your Jeep handles and steers.
Before you drop money maybe a buddy of yours with adjustable lower control arms will swap with you as a test it won't take much time and it's easy to swap

zombie hunter

Hi Zombie Hunter. Also from ZA. I would give the advice above a bash. All the advice I've been given on Wayalife has always resolved my issues. Also I've been steadily importing parts for my JK from the USA over the last year, it's not that difficult just pricey. So if u need help there on how to, give me a pm.

Sent from my SM-N920C using WAYALIFE mobile app
Howzit bud. Is it cheaper to order from the states or get from a local dealer like all offroad or zone?? I was looking at Northridge and they have a nice package deal which includes teraflex hd tie rod, flip drag link and hd ball joints upper and lower for 11k. I know all offroad sells the drag link nd tie rod for 17k and ball joints 5k. How are the shipping fees and what other costs are involved??

atrollip

Sorry only seen this now. Shipping plus import duty works out about same price as product u ordering. So it'll work out to be 22k if u import urself. Plus word of caution to Teraflex products, research their products around here a bit. Northridge will ship quickly last time took 4 days to house delivery.

atrollip

Zone also stock Synergy it's a better route than Teraflex in my personal OP but ul probably be able to ship in cheaper on Synergy products than buy from them. Reynard is on here also and he runs Synergy maybe you could inbox him about experience wid their product and quality.

jeeeep

Hooked
Lol i did take your advice, everything else seems fine. Yes the drag link end has a tiny bit of play nd my left ball joints but its not that hectic. So for now im overhauling the box and changing the boy joints to the teraflex hd and will take it from there

a little bit of play is enough to cause DW and other more notable issues like wandering steering and extra bump steer.

play in the pitman arm translates to a lot more play in the steering wheel like not returning to center, taking longer to correct.

Ask the last few on here who just changed the ball joints out because they had a little bit of play and such low mileage it was hard to believe they could be the issue.

your aftermarket stabilizer is not helping you solve any issues and is only masking and keeping you from finding the true issue.

Did you even do the free simple checks like checking your caster angle?

Seems you're just too ready to dismiss anything anyone is telling you to check for free before spending your money.

that money must be burning hot for you to want spend it without really knowing what the issue is. Dealership is grasping for straws, they don't know so they're telling you what you want to hear and are eager to spend your money.

when you get finished going to all that expense and it fixes nothing then what?

Did they actually test your steering box? remove it from the Jeep and test it?

zombie hunter

a little bit of play is enough to cause DW and other more notable issues like wandering steering and extra bump steer.

play in the pitman arm translates to a lot more play in the steering wheel like not returning to center, taking longer to correct.

Ask the last few on here who just changed the ball joints out because they had a little bit of play and such low mileage it was hard to believe they could be the issue.

your aftermarket stabilizer is not helping you solve any issues and is only masking and keeping you from finding the true issue.

Did you even do the free simple checks like checking your caster angle?

Seems you're just too ready to dismiss anything anyone is telling you to check for free before spending your money.

that money must be burning hot for you to want spend it without really knowing what the issue is. Dealership is grasping for straws, they don't know so they're telling you what you want to hear and are eager to spend your money.

when you get finished going to all that expense and it fixes nothing then what?

Did they actually test your steering box? remove it from the Jeep and test it?
Ive given up with the dealership,they are useless. Problem is no matter what i say to any1 and mention what could be the problem they always seem to dismiss it amd when i mention what i have been told on the forums they just say the forums are full of keyboard warriors and every 1 thinks they are a professional.
Thats why i got my budis box to swop out just to see if thats the problem without spending money. But i definitely need new ball joints and a new drag link

WJCO

Meme King
I've had no good luck at dealers regarding death wobble. Which is surprising but it is what it is.

Top Bottom