Power Steering On JK

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Or have someone mod the stock box for you. Mine was cut underneath then new material plastic welded back together

Attachments

• 1457443683727.jpg
    1457443683727.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 201
  • 1457443699421.jpg
    1457443699421.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 200

Ddays

Hooked
Thats a good idea! I've heard of guys doing that but never saw a photo of one. Do you happen to have a photo of the outside of the box?
I do have access to a plastic welder too which is nice.

ZachJKUR

I've gone through 3 stock power steering pumps. The internal shaft usually snaps before anything else. I also run 35's. I would recommend the upgraded pump. If you go up in tires size, or ever plan to, I would go with a hydro-assist.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Thats a good idea! I've heard of guys doing that but never saw a photo of one. Do you happen to have a photo of the outside of the box?
I do have access to a plastic welder too which is nice.

Sorry I didn't take any from the outside

Jhinds7253

If you intended to go any bigger then 35s I would definitely take this time to go to ram assist. I know when I ran 37s I didn't have it and it was miserable. I constantly found myself "along for the ride" when the front was locked.

This is me now, kicking myself for not doing the ram assist. I snapped the sector shaft on my gearbox. $900 to fix it, people kept talking me out of the ram assist. Should of stuck with my gut feeling and went with it. Don't make the same mistake, just my .02

Cadima

I thought I heard PSC recently redesigned their PSA kit where the intake box was no longer interfering with the reservoir. Is that not true? This is yet another project on my to do list.

Ddays

Hooked
I thought I heard PSC recently redesigned their PSA kit where the intake box was no longer interfering with the reservoir. Is that not true? This is yet another project on my to do list.

If they did I didn't get that memo. I ordered from Trail Jeeps - when you get to the point that you are ordering ask Wes if that's the case.

jeeeep

Hooked
Will there be the need to buy all new replacement hoses or will re using the factory ones be ok?

mine came with everything needed, if you get on the PSC website look for the kit that has everything you want it should indicate what you will receive

Ddays

Hooked
Will there be the need to buy all new replacement hoses or will re using the factory ones be ok?

Before you buy from PSC directly try giving Wes at Trail Jeeps a call. They have steering box cores they send in so you don't have to buy a brand new box
with your system. Saves several hundred $$. Only fly in the ointment there is I see you're in Saudi Arabia - might be a little costly sending your box back to them in Colorado...

Top Bottom