PR60 vs PR80

Good tread
We did a lot of Testing for Dynatrac regarding the Jk platform and what the axles can and can't handle

I highly Recommend Non chromoly Pr60 full floater For most Everyone.!!!
I personally LOVE the ground clearance and Position of the driveline. The non chromoly shafts takes some of the shock load off the Ring and pinion.
This is what I have personal ran for YEARs and still do in our 350 hp TJ

If you have a heavy foot and A big kit V8 the Dynatrac low pinion 60 full float with chromoly shafts will hold all most everything!! We sell a lot of theese set ups for the Hemi and LS Motor Guys

The Pro Rock 80 customer is going to brake down this way

someone looking for bragging rights , building the flashy show Rig with everything they have read is Bad ass
or
Has REAL HP ( not just whats you think it makes by the # on your Valve cover) Huge sticky tires , and drive like the banks going to Repo it tomorrow .
Either way ProRock 80 is built for Them!!
I Have the PR 80 in my personal rig Currently . LOL I don't know witch pr80 customer I am ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1361602173.486183.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1361602230.149657.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1361602273.699957.jpg

You WILL see the PRO Rock 80 on Every Hi End Show rig out there over the next few years and The ProRock 80 price point will become Close to the Low pinion 60 so its going to be an EZ upgrade
the PR 80 Will become the Standard of HD 4x4

Good tread
We did a lot of Testing for Dynatrac regarding the Jk platform and what the axles can and can't handle

I highly Recommend Non chromoly Pr60 full floater For most Everyone.!!!
I personally LOVE the ground clearance and Position of the driveline. The non chromoly shafts takes some of the shock load off the Ring and pinion.
This is what I have personal ran for YEARs and still do in our 350 hp TJ

If you have a heavy foot and A big kit V8 the Dynatrac low pinion 60 full float with chromoly shafts will hold all most everything!! We sell a lot of theese set ups for the Hemi and LS Motor Guys

The Pro Rock 80 customer is going to brake down this way

someone looking for bragging rights , building the flashy show Rig with everything they have read is Bad ass
or
Has REAL HP ( not just whats you think it makes by the # on your Valve cover) Huge sticky tires , and drive like the banks going to Repo it tomorrow .
Either way ProRock 80 is built for Them!!
I Have the PR 80 in my personal rig Currently . LOL I don't know witch pr80 customer I am View attachment 16780 View attachment 16781 View attachment 16782

You WILL see the PRO Rock 80 on Every Hi End Show rig out there over the next few years and The ProRock 80 price point will become Close to the Low pinion 60 so its going to be an EZ upgrade
the PR 80 Will become the Standard of HD 4x4

Have you seen a lot of rear ring and pinion breaks on 3.6/3.8's or mostly larger HP motors? I still feel there are a lot of us in the PR44/ stock 44 stage and stepping up to PR60's to run 40's is plenty. You have WAY more experience with this set up so your input is great.

Have you seen a lot of rear ring and pinion breaks on 3.6/3.8's or mostly larger HP motors? I still feel there are a lot of us in the PR44/ stock 44 stage and stepping up to PR60's to run 40's is plenty. You have WAY more experience with this set up so your input is great.

Not Many rear R&P maybe a couple over the last 5 years
0 front 60s R&P
If you read my post that is what I recommend
The pr 44 front with 40s will last a while but it's not correct

Not planning on 40's on the 44 just 37's (wife's rig). I will be getting 60's to handle the 40's so I don't run into issues there. Don't feel like I would ever need (I use that loosely) the PR80. Maybe a few years and motor envy at some point will change that but for now the PR60's are for me. Thanks!

Side question: Do you ever see them making a PR80 for the front? Is the PR60 enough? As people get bigger and bigger tires and pushing it more will it be necessary? Or will other options be available before that?

Not planning on 40's on the 44 just 37's (wife's rig). I will be getting 60's to handle the 40's so I don't run into issues there. Don't feel like I would ever need (I use that loosely) the PR80. Maybe a few years and motor envy at some point will change that but for now the PR60's are for me. Thanks!

Side question: Do you ever see them making a PR80 for the front? Is the PR60 enough? As people get bigger and bigger tires and pushing it more will it be necessary? Or will other options be available before that?

Ya we will be installing the first pro rock 80 Front in one of the worlds coolest JKs in a week or 2
Again hi pinion is Sweet!! Don't forget All the benefits of the Hi pinion.

Benito

Caught the Bug
i come to give a new breath of life to this thread!!!

i like all the information of this thread! it is very helpful and answers a lot of the questions i had, however there is one question i just cant seem to find the answer to; that question being "how much do these cost?" more specifically a front PR60 full float with ARB lockers, 5.38 gears, chromoly shafts, complete brake set up, prosteer ball joints. and how much would a matching rear cost? and lets just assume they are direct replacements for a JKU

i come to give a new breath of life to this thread!!!

i like all the information of this thread! it is very helpful and answers a lot of the questions i had, however there is one question i just cant seem to find the answer to; that question being "how much do these cost?" more specifically a front PR60 full float with ARB lockers, 5.38 gears, chromoly shafts, complete brake set up, prosteer ball joints. and how much would a matching rear cost? and lets just assume they are direct replacements for a JKU

Roughly 17k for both. The front is about $9500 +/-.

Top Bottom