Pre-running Jeep JK

Ah2014jk

To be fair, Moby didn't go through all those changes to get him where he is now by choice. Moby made changes as things started to break, lessons were learned and most importantly, new options became available over the last 7+ years. I personally feel like we wasted a LOT of money along the way and had I known then what I know now and had the products I have now been available back then, we wouldn't have bothered to waste our time and money with a bunch of changes.

More than rock crawling, nothing will break your Jeep apart faster than speed. You do it enough and hard enough and I can assure you that those stages will come a lot faster than you think. Just trying to put things into perspective. :yup:

No argument there... OP just mentioned he had only a limited budget. I am one same boat. If money wasn't a problem I would heli-lift my jeep to Mel's for with a note saying " have at it".

My point is simply if you have to build it in stages buy the best of the individual parts so you don't replace the same part twice.

Let's not all forget just because your jeep is ABLE to run into a brick wall at 100mph.... Doesn't mean you SHOULD

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Yep, I will agree with that from experience. Take any environment, and continue to add speed to the mix and you will destroy even the best parts. Adding horsepower does not necessarily equate to breaking things, you can control how much power you are applying. Go fast, and go fast often, and you cannot control an almost unknown cycling of wear on a part. Even race cars break the best and most expensive parts known.

When I built EVOJEEP, I started with axles and built up. 4 years and 49,000 miles on my build (not even close to Moby's miles), lots of King of the Hammers pre-running, 3 JKX's and a bunch of hard wheeling on hard local trails around my area and here is my parts breakage list since ownership and build (not including body damage).

- OEM Transfer case shifter cable bushing
- two power steering pumps

I gotta agree with you gcm, the evo, dynatrac, atx, king, nitto combination just seems to work and work well. Some people call it "cookie cutter", but it's a proven combo.

GCM 2

I gotta agree with you gcm, the evo, dynatrac, atx, king, nitto combination just seems to work and work well. Some people call it "cookie cutter", but it's a proven combo.

Well then I am a proud fanboy with a cookie cutter jeep :icon_crazy: But when I can leave home on thursday afternoon, drive my rig 400+ miles from home, pre run almost 100 miles of KOH race course friday and saturday, then drive my rig back home on sunday.....I will gladly wear that T-shirt that says "fanboy" ;)

ttfhell

Well then I am a proud fanboy with a cookie cutter jeep :icon_crazy: But when I can leave home on thursday afternoon, drive my rig 400+ miles from home, pre run almost 100 miles of KOH race course friday and saturday, then drive my rig back home on sunday.....I will gladly wear that T-shirt that says "fanboy" ;)
Evo whore...

gtony12

Caught the Bug

Well stated! :thumb:

Top Bottom