Premium gas an who runs what.

dillard09

I had a 93 can tune on an SRT Cherokee a few years ago and it made a bit of difference on the clock, but not so much in the seat of pants feel. I don't know of any tunes that really wake up a NA engine.
I had a 13 Raptor with 6.2L. I had a custom 93 octane performance tune on it and it was completely different with it. The seat of the pant could tell and the shift points were so much better.
No as far as any tune doing anything for for my 3.8 I don't think so!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I had a 93 can tune on an SRT Cherokee a few years ago and it made a bit of difference on the clock, but not so much in the seat of pants feel. I don't know of any tunes that really wake up a NA engine.

I had a 13 Raptor with 6.2L. I had a custom 93 octane performance tune on it and it was completely different with it. The seat of the pant could tell and the shift points were so much better.
No as far as any tune doing anything for for my 3.8 I don't think so!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

And that's my point. Both of those are completely different applications where you would actually notice a tune. Our 3.8 and 3.6 Jeeps aren't going to benefit at all from a tune.

xman4602

There is a little known fact about fuel. Even if you're running 87 octane there are different qualities of gas. There are a few apps, I won't mention them as I don't know if it's allowed, that will tell you if nearby gas stations are selling tier one fuel. I run 87 but only buy from tier one stations.

“You are the weak, and I am the tyranny of evil men, but I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd”

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
There is a little known fact about fuel. Even if you're running 87 octane there are different qualities of gas. There are a few apps, I won't mention them as I don't know if it's allowed, that will tell you if nearby gas stations are selling tier one fuel. I run 87 but only buy from tier one stations.

Here is an article on a study about Tier 1 fuel.

http://www.consumerreports.org/car-maintenance/study-shows-top-tier-gasoline-worth-extra-price/

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Lil Nasty

I run cheap shit. However, I was feeling a little rich today so I filled it with premium.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I usually look for the best price first. Then ill look for my company's stations because it helps my stock and bonuses. Once in a while I'll run premium. I get 1 mpg better (which doesn't overcome the price) and it runs better. I like passing premium detergents through the system every once in a while.

Bustedback

I usually run the cheapest I can find in my area and put some BG 44K in the tank once a month. I have noticed that when I put Sinclair 87 in my tank the engine runs a lot smoother and feels like it has more power as soon as I start the engine. There isn't a Sinclair station close to me though.

jkwebbie

I run 87 octane almost all the time. But every month or so I'll go with 93 octane with some Royal Purple engine cleaner just to help keep the motor clean and running good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Desertman

I have run super in my jeep due to the high air temperatures here. My friend who is a master mechanic and race engineer said it would be no problem and would give better performance.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have run super in my jeep due to the high air temperatures here. My friend who is a master mechanic and race engineer said it would be no problem and would give better performance.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Well considering that your in Qatar I would agree with him. Premium fuel is less volatile which means it takes longer to burn so it's better for high temp areas or high compression cars.

Top Bottom