Project Blue Jeep

The star is supposed to turn down the threads? It looks (and feels) like one piece but that would at least make sense maybe it’s just seized then. Next time I pull a wheel off I’ll see if I can get it to move. Literally 80% of the reason I switched this thing to discs is my hatred for all things drum brake, including the e brake drum style inside the rotor.
Thanks bud

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Did the final wrench turning and part swapping on green. Time to sell him off and turn attention back to blue.

IMG_5358.jpg
IMG_5361.jpg
IMG_5363.jpg

Poor green Jeep. Maybe someone with buy him and turn him into a crawler

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Hopefully. It’s either that or someone will part it out. I was still dailying it when I parked it, so someone could pretty easily turn it into a decent little project. Especially at $2500.

Alright. One last part swap before it goes away. Swapped the steering gears. Forgot how much nicer a non leaking gear feels on the highway. Luxury.

IMG_5395.jpg

Decided I don’t have time or desire to tackle this thing until spring. Reinstalled the interior, been driving it gutted with just the driver seat for a few months lying to myself that I was gonna start the big projects. It’s much nicer and quieter and somehow rides better with an everything back in. And I definitely missed the sub and the cup holder.

IMG_5650.jpg

IMG_5649.jpg

Random piece of carpet is structural right? 🤣
IMG_5646.jpg

IMG_5647.jpg

Just kidding it’s getting a temp patch tacked in real quick until spring. Then the entire pan is getting replaced.

Just crossing the fingers it makes it til April or May before I have to start surgery on it.

I did actually get a lot of work done on stupid small things. Tracked down a steering issue, rebelled brakes, drilled the holes it was missing for the hardtop (the 01 has the rear mounting holes more forward for ease of getting to the bolt instead of having a roll bar in your way so my old hardtop didn’t line up right and I’ve just been driving around without all the bolts in. Did a few other small fixes, and then a quick rinse of all the leftover grime/salt.

Last edited:
Been down with the flu for a bit. Finally getting that desire to go back outside, one thing that’s been bugging me for the last month is the front tires won’t stay off the fenders. This is because the body mounts rusted and the body is sitting a bit lower than it should. As well as the shitty rough country coils sagging a lot. Both of these things will be fixed when warm, but for now, I grabbed the sawzall and did some clearancing.

I couldn’t even park on a snow mound right.
IMG_5810.jpg
IMG_5809.jpg

I should not have started with the driver side, I have to look at this side and I learned a lot very quickly🤣
IMG_5873.jpg
Used a hole saw for the corners so they wouldn’t be jagged.
IMG_5874.jpg

Did the other ones, pass side I’m pretty happy with. I’ll touch up the driver side ones with a flap wheel where the blade got away from me. But That’s in storage so another day.
Rinsed the salt off
IMG_5880.jpg
IMG_5882.jpg
IMG_5883.jpg

I can now hit potholes without hearing plastic. Hooray.

Last edited:
Nice chop! I like how you kept the side markers.

Thanks!
It was supposed to look like this.
IMG_5781.jpg

But live and learn, not a job for sawzall. This Jeep is getting full armor and tube fenders eventually anyways.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Nice and shiny! Looks good! We get snow once a week or so, my wife is always on me about taking it through a wash but it’s just gonna get nasty again lol

Minor change but in my opinion it looks better than stock fenders and you gain some clearance. Nicely done.

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks bud, my OCD is bugging me with the front left one. But they look good from a few feet back.
IMG_5947.JPG

Of course had to go check the new clearances.
IMG_5949.jpg

And find the only mud in the woods
IMG_5953.jpg

As much as these tires suck in the ice and hard packed snow, like I can pull out of my driveway in 2wd put it in gear release the clutch and not go anywhere... they absolutely EAT fresh snow. I could barely tell the difference between pavement and snow.

Found a snowbank for comparisons. Definitely better in the front clearance. Also, how come everything looks smaller in pics? Parking felt like I was about to roll it. And yes, last spot in an area that tows.

IMG_5984.jpg
IMG_5989.JPG
IMG_5988.jpg
IMG_5990.jpg

Top Bottom