Project BOHICA: AllAmericanInfidel's Mojave Sand build

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Those half doors look great!

Thanks! I love having half doors, couldn't imagine not having them! Unfortunately the movers were delivering our stuff and ran into one with our dryer. Small dent and 2 good sized scratches. Just had them painted too. My wife will be hitting up the shop this week for a quote to get it fixed. Im working on the side of a mountain for the next few months, so the Jeep will mostly be driven by her.

Brute

Hooked
Thanks! I love having half doors, couldn't imagine not having them! Unfortunately the movers were delivering our stuff and ran into one with our dryer. Small dent and 2 good sized scratches. Just had them painted too. My wife will be hitting up the shop this week for a quote to get it fixed. Im working on the side of a mountain for the next few months, so the Jeep will mostly be driven by her.

Oh no...I'm sorry to hear that!

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Oh no...I'm sorry to hear that!

Look like they are going to get it fixed, should know something next week. Not sure if aluminum bodywork is the same as steel, but the paint shop was pretty optimistic they could fix it.

Doors look good mate but colour match doesn't appear to be the best?

Maybe it's the picture, but it's a very close match. They got the Mojave Sand paint from the Jeep dealership here. The only difference in the pictures is the half doors are clean lol.

Ausjeep113

Maybe it's the picture, but it's a very close match. They got the Mojave Sand paint from the Jeep dealership here. The only difference in the pictures is the half doors are clean lol.[/QUOTE]

That's probably all it is then, either way they look awesome [emoji106]🏻[emoji106]🏻

Brute

Hooked
doors fixed yet?...lmk when you get back on island, head out to Kaena Point and do some fishing...

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
doors fixed yet?...lmk when you get back on island, head out to Kaena Point and do some fishing...

Hey Ed, how have you been? All the doors are fixed, I've been using the heck out of them lol. Things have been pretty busy so I have been popping in and out of here as I can. I just got done with a 2 month mission on Sunday and went straight into the field leaders course on Monday. That ended on Friday and I left for the military mountaineering course course the next day. I graduated the Mountaineering course on Friday and ran a 5K with my son on Schofield the next day (yesterday). Things should be a little slower now until the first of the year, then Ill be gone until around June.
Fishing sounds great! I have yet to be able to throw a line in the water since moving to the Island. Awesome that you got your Anvil Rubicon here now! It looks sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
Hey Ed, how have you been? All the doors are fixed, I've been using the heck out of them lol. Things have been pretty busy so I have been popping in and out of here as I can. I just got done with a 2 month mission on Sunday and went straight into the field leaders course on Monday. That ended on Friday and I left for the military mountaineering course course the next day. I graduated the Mountaineering course on Friday and ran a 5K with my son on Schofield the next day (yesterday). Things should be a little slower now until the first of the year, then Ill be gone until around June.
Fishing sounds great! I have yet to be able to throw a line in the water since moving to the Island. Awesome that you got your Anvil Rubicon here now! It looks sweet!

Maybe next weekend before the 1st...I fly out Monday 9/1 for the SEMA show in LV, then to Oakland 9/5 for the Raiders/Broncos game...

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
So, I just got back from an overseas trip. Progress on BOHICA has been pretty much non existent, and it looks like ill be leaving for back to back trips right after the holidays. My new job is keeping me pretty busy, but the good news is that once I do get some down time, progress should come pretty quick.
I was honestly thinking of going a different direction with the Jeep, and my wife was thinking of keeping it and I would get the new Jeep truck when it came out. After a long discussion with the wife, and our fear of getting a first gen truck with all of Jeeps first gen issues, plus the fact that our oldest son will be heading off to his first year of college after next year, I think we may wait until the truck has been out a few years.
This had led us to a discussion of what to do with BOHICA. I am currently researching suspensions, wheels, tires, and front axle options for when we start building it up. I'm still looking at a 35-37 inch tire, and still want something as low as feasible, and as soft riding as possible. We will likely start with a lift, wheels, tires and a regear, Then go from there. For now, BOHICA will sit as it is until I get the time to work on it. I still love driving it, but i'm getting that itch to build it up even more now! Ill continue to update as things happen, but nothing major until I get back sometime next summer.

Napalm

So, I just got back from an overseas trip. Progress on BOHICA has been pretty much non existent, and it looks like ill be leaving for back to back trips right after the holidays. My new job is keeping me pretty busy, but the good news is that once I do get some down time, progress should come pretty quick.
I was honestly thinking of going a different direction with the Jeep, and my wife was thinking of keeping it and I would get the new Jeep truck when it came out. After a long discussion with the wife, and our fear of getting a first gen truck with all of Jeeps first gen issues, plus the fact that our oldest son will be heading off to his first year of college after next year, I think we may wait until the truck has been out a few years.
This had led us to a discussion of what to do with BOHICA. I am currently researching suspensions, wheels, tires, and front axle options for when we start building it up. I'm still looking at a 35-37 inch tire, and still want something as low as feasible, and as soft riding as possible. We will likely start with a lift, wheels, tires and a regear, Then go from there. For now, BOHICA will sit as it is until I get the time to work on it. I still love driving it, but i'm getting that itch to build it up even more now! Ill continue to update as things happen, but nothing major until I get back sometime next summer.

Sounds like a great plan! Can't wait to see more of this awesome looking rig!!

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Howzit brother...sorry you're spending so much time away from home...hope you get to come back soon. Happy Holidays to you & your family!

Thanks brother. I'm back on Island now for about 3 or 4 weeks, then back at it. Always good to come back to the Island life! Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to you and your family brother!

Brute

Hooked
I'll be back Sunday...lmk when you have a day off & we'll hit the beach near Makua & throw some lines into to water & beach bbq...I think I've had my fill of WA winter weather for a bit

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
First off, thank you for your service :thumb:

Second, that is a killer color! I love the half doors too. My TJ came with factory half doors, and I HATED them. Unfortunately, I traded them for full doors. I quickly realized how much I miss the half doors. I haven't used my full doors once...instead, I bought Bestop soft doors. Maybe one of these days I'll get around to painting my full doors so I can use them..until, I'm loving the soft halves. Great looking rig!

Top Bottom