Project "Urban Defense" a Land Rover DEFENDER 110 build log

JKUndaunted

There is a good chance that has happened. 1984 was the 2nd year of production for the land rover 110. It was not called the defender untill 1990 when the tdi engine was introduced. The most common engine in 84 was probably the buick derived 3.5 litre carbed V8. calling it a defender is very misconception common so nothing suspicious there and tdi engine swaps are also common here in the UK. The only dodgy bit to me is that a 110 from 84 is quite a rare beast even over here and it just seems too convenient that one of this vintage with a "TDI SWAP" older than 25 years has been shipped over. That is my opinion.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ok so I have to watch this. Before I bought my JK I looked at a few Defenders. I just couldn't afford the ones I wanted yet. I had a Discovery II for a while. That thing was awesome... I miss it. It would go through almost anything in it's stock form.

There's a great Landrover builder 10 minutes from my house. If you have any questions I can get you his number and email.

As for the engine... I would try hard to fit a diesel in there...

Sent from my NSA monitoring device... Using the WAYALIFE mobile app

JKUndaunted

Ok so I have to watch this. Before I bought my JK I looked at a few Defenders. I just couldn't afford the ones I wanted yet. I had a Discovery II for a while. That thing was awesome... I miss it. It would go through almost anything in it's stock form.

There's a great Landrover builder 10 minutes from my house. If you have any questions I can get you his number and email.

As for the engine... I would try hard to fit a diesel in there...

Sent from my NSA monitoring device... Using the WAYALIFE mobile app

Defenders do not come close to wranglers off road. Especially the rubicon. I had them for years before I got a jeep and I was gobsmacked and upset that I had spent so much time and money on land rovers. We live and learn.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom