Prolink vs Flatlink

GraniteCrystal

True, it is pretty thin. I have to agree but I don't know about its load rating.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Personally I didn't even know it existed. Possibly has a lower load rating due to the fact it's basically hollow? :idontknow:

I called them. Really helpful guy. So there is no max weight rating for it because it's not taking the load. He said they tested it and the rope broke first every time.

It took me a minute to visualize this but he's right. The Splicer is just sitting on the end. It's not under tension at all. The rope is taking the full force.

Only reasons not to do a Slicer according to him: ease of installation (since you splice the rope) and it's not as easy to take off if you need your winch serviced.

I'm thinking those are small downsides to save $70.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Ha, that's good to know. I like the idea of the link not taking any load. If you combine that with the soft shackle it's probably one of the safest connections out there.

tgoss

I went with the flat link E, 2 reasons, you can slide a shackle completely through, eliminating the need for doubling up shackles and also because it lays flat against the fairlead.

RSQCON

I went with the flat link E, 2 reasons, you can slide a shackle completely through, eliminating the need for doubling up shackles and also because it lays flat against the fairlead.
This. The Flatlink has a lower profile when in the stowed position and if that is what you're going to run might as well go with the expert version for the reasons tgoss mentioned.

Top Bottom