Proper Toe in for 40s

tbreaux

Can someone tell me the recommended toe in for a setup on 40s? Running 40" TGs, PR60, EVO DTD, PSC, etc. Brand new config and seems like she moves all over the road. I think set to 1/8" toe-in right now.

GCM 2

More than likely it is just the much wider track width of the wheels from the new ProRock 60's. Since the track is so much wider now, your jeep is constantly having the tires drive in and out of the groove the other 99.9% of the cars have worn into the road surface. Almost everyone with your setup will notice this at first. it's very common on anything with a wider than normal track width, I even use to experience this with my C5 and C6 Corvettes when I ran much wider foot print wheel/tire combos.

The other factor is that you are running a ram assist set up and this makes your steering much more precise, if not a bit touchy, but again everyone who runs your set up has this same feeling. :thumb:

Last edited:

tbreaux

More than likely it is just the much wider track width of the wheels from the new ProRock 60's. Since the track is so much wider now, your jeep is constantly having the tires drive in and out of the groove the other 99.9% of the cars have worn into the road surface. Almost everyone with your setup will notice this at first. it's very common on anything with a wider than normal track width, I even use to experience this with my C5 and C6 Corvettes when I ran much wider foot print wheel/tire combos.

The other factor is that you are running a ram assist set up and this makes your steering much more precise, if not a bit touchy, but again everyone who runs your set up has this same feeling. :thumb:

Thank you for the reply, good to know I'm not the only one. Its almost a workout :)

TheDuff

What tire pressure are u running? That can be a factor as well.

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

tbreaux

Hey guys, another question for you on this PSC setup. When I accelerate the jeep will push to passenger and I have to steer driver (quite a bit) to keep her straight. When the motor RPM comes back down the steering will normal out back to center. Does anyone else experience this? Is the PSC hydro pressure increase with motor RPM or does it regulate to constant pressure?

thanks for any feedback....

Top Bottom