ProRock 62 Rear Axle?????

RSQCON

Hi guys! No this is specific for the rear axle. Their brochure talks about a 62 front axle, but not a 62 semifloat rear axle. After talking with Steve at Dynatrac, he said it’s a newer design than their ProRock 60 semifloat rear axle. All things are the same such as tube thickness, but the pumpkin is different. He said the ProRock 60 design was getting stale and they are going to start phasing it out for this new design.
Hmmm whataknow just as I had suspected.

Brute

Hooked
ok...im confused. Is the ProRock 69 a rear only thing, or is it the front and rear?...asking for a friend.

RCVRY

ok...im confused. Is the ProRock 69 a rear only thing, or is it the front and rear?...asking for a friend.

Depends on your orientation. Jeep remember “Left is right and Right is wrong” So if it steers left...ahhh fuckit ya’ll know what I’m gettin at.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

PR62 vs PR60

As many of you know Dynatrac makes a number of different housings that each have advantages, and were designed to solve challenges in different vehicle configurations. I’ll do my best to remove confusion about this, and be brief.

Yes, we make both ProRock 62 and a ProRock 60 axle. These housings can be built for both front and rear axle applications. In rear axle applications, they can be built as either full-float and semi-float axles. They are both High-Pinion housings. They both share the patented ground clearance advantage of all ProRock housings. We consider them functionally interchangeable, but each has unique features.

The ProRock 60 is the original ProRock. The ProRock 62 is newer, and has been out for about 2 years now.

Some customers still need, and prefer the original ProRock 60. The original ProRock 60 still has unique features that are desirable for many vehicles that the ProRock62 does not have. For example, features to facilitate integral leaf spring pads. We are not pushing this to go one way or the other. We are here to help as many customers as possible. Dynatrac plans to always offer more options, features, upgrades, and vehicle configurations than our competitors. We think this is the best way to help as many customers as possible obtain quality, US-made, durable drivetrains.

The ProRock 62 uses the same diff cover with O-ring seal as our XD60. The ProRock 62 also has a cast-in upper control arm mount which the original ProRock 60 does not. The ProRock 62 also has a similar look on the outside as our XD60. However, it does not have all the same features and benefits of our XD60.

A customer may explicitly request their axle to be built with either housing. Depending on the customers vehicle or configuration, there may be an increase in price to accommodate this. However, our staff will always recommend and deliver the best value for the customer. We are not here to upsell you on features you do not need, or we do not recommend.

I hope this helps. - Jim

Top Bottom