ProRock Paint Problems?

JKbrick

Better take it off and send it to Indiana right away! It looks odd how the paint is missing in such a uniform ring on both sides right by the tube but it looks plug welded. Maybe it is painted then they push the tubes in and plug weld

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

aermotor

Better take it off and send it to Indiana right away! It looks odd how the paint is missing in such a uniform ring on both sides right by the tube but it looks plug welded. Maybe it is painted then they push the tubes in and plug weld

HAH!

They assemble the whole thing then paint after. There could have been a series of them that got rushed through as this took 6 weeks once I ordered it. I imagine they are slammed and maybe cut a corner on paint. Don't know. But I don't like rust and no paint on a $3200 axle.

JKbrick

HAH!

They assemble the whole thing then paint after. There could have been a series of them that got rushed through as this took 6 weeks once I ordered it. I imagine they are slammed and maybe cut a corner on paint. Don't know. But I don't like rust and no paint on a $3200 axle.

I know this isn't the point but KBS coatings have some products that look really durable

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Had my prorock on my Jeep from almost 3 years now and I live in the rust belt and mine still looks brand new if I wash some of the road grime off it lol. Must have been a defect. I would call dynatrac

linehand08

Yea the paint on mine is less than impressive. Probably a kid with a rattle can, with joint dangling out of his mouth lol but as long as the internals turn out fine with no issue I don't care. I did order mine direct.

MacRubi2

Yeah I would be a little upset over this for sure.

Mine has been in for a couple of winters and has seen some water crossing and cleaned off with no apparent paint peeling.

aermotor

I don't think ore builds the axles. They buy them assembled. ]

Correct. Maybe he is thinking something happened while it was at EVO?

Had my prorock on my Jeep from almost 3 years now and I live in the rust belt and mine still looks brand new if I wash some of the road grime off it lol. Must have been a defect. I would call dynatrac

Ya hearing stories like this is what I would expect from a ProRock... not the subpar result I'm seeing. I already contacted them and they basically said tough luck (see my original post with their email reply). Which is BS. I wish Jim could see the photos.

Yeah I would be a little upset over this for sure.

Mine has been in for a couple of winters and has seen some water crossing and cleaned off with no apparent paint peeling.

Glad to hear. I'm feeling like a dud.

Journeyman

No shit right! I was originally like "WTF! Axle is backing out of the pumpkin!!!" then realized all the paint was just gone from there and all over the place. It's happening on the other side too. So either it's just the paint or my axle is 100% %#$@&%

That's sort of my point, it makes no sense after one wash in LA.

Bought/installed through EVO who ordered directly through Dynatrac, and I did register it right away.

What do you mean register?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Journeyman

I don't have my jeep to look at it personally, but here's a pick of my rear 60. If you zoom in on the photo you can see that it does have that same circle around the axle tube right next to the 3rd member both side. It just has paint on it unlike yours. So it looks like your just missing paint. IMG_1638.jpg

aermotor

What do you mean register?

ProRocks come with a serial number and you register them for warranty if needed.

I don't have my jeep to look at it personally, but here's a pick of my rear 60. If you zoom in on the photo you can see that it does have that same circle around the axle tube right next to the 3rd member both side. It just has paint on it unlike yours. So it looks like your just missing paint.

I'm not totally following, but mine WAS painted EVERYWHERE but it came off. In many places. There was no missing paint.

Journeyman

Oh good to know. I will register mine. I just figured since I ordered mine direct, that if I ever had an issue I was good to go.
The pic was to show you that my axle has the same ring around the axle tube. So yours looks fine, as in not separating at the center section. Just missing paint.

WJCO

Meme King
The seam on the tube sticking out is normal. Question: at any point of the install, did you get brake fluid on this area? Brake fluid would eat the paint leaving a similar pattern when washed off. Just a thought.

aermotor

Question: at any point of the install, did you get brake fluid on this area? Brake fluid would eat the paint leaving a similar pattern when washed off. Just a thought.

EVO did the install and no, my front brake lines were already done and they weren't even touched. The entire lower control arm bracket paint is gone on the inside side. Fluid would also not be up so high on the C by the ball joint, typically.

It's a good point though.

Last edited:

RSQCON

First thing is I personally would not have painted it. I would have left it as this qualifies as a manufacturer defect in my book and I would have pressed the issue some more. Being in LA if I were in your shoes I would have driven down to their office. I understand Dynatrac can't put a time frame on the paint job but you are within the warranty period and the issue does not appear to be normal wear and tear. With that said I'm not sure why it's been recommended that you contact Evo. They are a vendor and not the manufacturer. I think you did right by contacting Dynatrac first and waiting for a response even though you didn't get the response you were looking for. Por 15 ftw

Ddays

Hooked
My front looks like dogshit after two PA winters and the associated salt rash. Rear not so bad. The front of the rear axle looks fine (pic came out shitty)

axle 1.jpg

ax 2.jpg

ax 3.jpg

Aermotor -- Sorry you had this problem, and something isn't right. We're back-tracking your order through our system to see if something odd was requested when it built. Please give us a couple of days to sort things out and get back to you.

Was in the desert a few weeks back and ran into some major mud in a 'dry' lake bed. No big deal, hosed it all off at a DIY carwash. But then a few days later while doing some maintenance I noticed there was quite a bit of paint completely gone from the axle... I don't know how these are painted but I would at least think them to be as good as Mopar axles, but I guess not? :thinking: PR has only been on since January 2017 and was installed at EVO.

Sure, I can rattle can them and that's what I did, just seems odd. Wondering if anyone else has something similar happening.

It's pretty bad for a new axle in Los Angeles of all places. Dynatrac's response was not helpful at all, it was canned frankly, and they didn't respond to my follow up email.

image002.jpg

image003.jpg

image007.jpg

image008.jpg

Top Bottom