PSA: '21 builds may have '20 bolt sizes....

ScoobyCarolanNC

Hey team! When I got my tires done I found out that Jeep had some kind of a production split and there's technically an 'early 21' and 'late 21' (June of 2020 was the build cutoff) on the TPMS sensors and they're different frequencies. I did my lift in October and just noticed that I lost an upper rear sway bar bolt. No biggie. I called the dealer, ordered the bolt and when it came in it was totally wrong. Right size (m12) but the wrong pitch and length.

I went online to one of the big parts dealers and looked it up myself. I got the right bolt for a '21 Gladiator, but it totally didn't fit. I went back and checked on a '20 Gladiator and the bolt was a different spec! So I got that bolt and I'll be damned it's the right one. So if you have a '21 & get a bolt that doesn't fit, try rolling back to 2020 for your parts search and see if something different pops up.

AZVAJKU

Hooked
Hey team! When I got my tires done I found out that Jeep had some kind of a production split and there's technically an 'early 21' and 'late 21' (June of 2020 was the build cutoff) on the TPMS sensors and they're different frequencies. I did my lift in October and just noticed that I lost an upper rear sway bar bolt. No biggie. I called the dealer, ordered the bolt and when it came in it was totally wrong. Right size (m12) but the wrong pitch and length.

I went online to one of the big parts dealers and looked it up myself. I got the right bolt for a '21 Gladiator, but it totally didn't fit. I went back and checked on a '20 Gladiator and the bolt was a different spec! So I got that bolt and I'll be damned it's the right one. So if you have a '21 & get a bolt that doesn't fit, try rolling back to 2020 for your parts search and see if something different pops up.

Good info, thanks for posting this.

Top Bottom