PSC big bore box and pump

fiend

Caught the Bug
So the vent hose that comes out of the reservoir is routed through that anti-splash vent? Nice. More stupid shit to buy. :crazyeyes:

Edit: I just googled that & found it on PSC's site. Interesting.

Maybe it operates like a a radiator overflow tank. But water can be drawn back into the system as it cools down. I suppose oil could do that too. It would have to be a pretty good vacuum though, because I don’t think oil, unlike water, vaporizes in a system like this.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
Maybe it operates like a a radiator overflow tank. But water can be drawn back into the system as it cools down. I suppose oil could do that too. It would have to be a pretty good vacuum though, because I don’t think oil, unlike water, vaporizes in a system like this.

From PSC's website:

SOLUTION: PSC has resolved the problem of power steering fluid from being splashed out through the reservoir vent and all over your vehicle with the introduction of this new power steering pressurized / anti splash vent kit. Specifically designed to work with PSC’s remote reservoir tanks, the kit is engineered to allow no escape of fluid and allows the power steering system to remain slightly pressurized at 6 psi all times to help reduce chances of system cavitation. This kit can be adapted to all PSC remote reservoirs that feature the vented cap design.

Looks like this is furnished in their XD kits now.

fiend

Caught the Bug
From PSC's website:

SOLUTION: PSC has resolved the problem of power steering fluid from being splashed out through the reservoir vent and all over your vehicle with the introduction of this new power steering pressurized / anti splash vent kit. Specifically designed to work with PSC’s remote reservoir tanks, the kit is engineered to allow no escape of fluid and allows the power steering system to remain slightly pressurized at 6 psi all times to help reduce chances of system cavitation. This kit can be adapted to all PSC remote reservoirs that feature the vented cap design.

My solution was just to use a longer hose, so the oil drips to the ground and not on my exhaust manifold. [emoji23]

jeeeep

Hooked
From PSC's website:

well that's good, I'm always worried about fire when I see fluid drip and realize the reservoir tank was spewing for whatever reason.
at least it's not too pricey.

Top Bottom