PSC Steering kit

Hey Folks

So after two steering boxes in my 2012 i have saved up enough for the PSC ram assist steering just want peoples personal experiences before i purchase.

I called PSC they told me i need part number PSCSK270 for my 2012 JKU Sahara with stock axles... also to add the extra power steering cooler for another $150 or something...

Is this the part number most of you folks are running?

How does it feel on the street?

Self centers like factory around corners?

Ho hard is the install like bleeding the air out of the system?

Are the intructions good or will i be drilling you guys with question?

Does the system last many years trouble free?

One thing I am concered is i run factory air box with snorkel their website shows you need to remove air box and run a cone filter... true? false? make it fit?

Sorry for the all the questions I just like to educate myself :)

Thanks

Yeah well the whole kit im looking at like $2700 here in Ontario its retarded but hey its the best of the best everyone i see is using it mine as well join the band wagon since i keep blowing up steering boxes haha

You can save a little by shipping your current pump and box to them to be ported rather than buying new ones from them.

Rusty

I've been thinking about this as well but I can't afford to loose the snorkel never know up here when that water might just end up swallowing you hole because some :asshat: got stuck with his f250 on 42's or larger and made huge ruts in the waterway while trying to impress his friends.

So hoping someone will figure out a solution to that...

MTG

Caught the Bug
I've been thinking about this as well but I can't afford to loose the snorkel never know up here when that water might just end up swallowing you hole because some :asshat: got stuck with his f250 on 42's or larger and made huge ruts in the waterway while trying to impress his friends.

So hoping someone will figure out a solution to that...

Majik mounted his in the stock location with a snorkel.

Rusty

Majik mounted his in the stock location with a snorkel.

Cool, I'll try to find his build thread with pictures :clap2:

ridg3runner said:
I don't have any pics of it on my phone but I mounted the res to my battery box near the firewall and that was with a stock breather box.

Doesn't that mean you put in longer hose than what they recommend? thus putting your system at risk of having air trapped inside?

Anyone on here used or hung out with guys who are using AGR hydro assist just spent 45 minutes on the phone with them he was 100 times more polite and helpful explaining to me how the assist system works and different setups and stresses on areas and road manners vs offroad manners when i called PSC today that guy was lets say less then enjoyable to deal with for sales/tech support

I have learnt a lot today from calling the companies though and picking their brain!

looked at Howe, AGR, PSC

are there more companies out there?

Rusty

Found it, hope you don't mind me re-posting it here.

Majik said:
I ended up fitting it gorgeously in the factory reservoir spot. Had to slightly reroute a wiring harness and move the airbag sensor a few inches. Looks like it was meant to be there. And no, my hose routing is direct and without kinks or obstruction.

That is an airraid intake and an aev snorkel btw, and no cutting was needed. Psc airraid 2.jpg PSC air raid box.jpg

Cool, I'll try to find his build thread with pictures :clap2:

Doesn't that mean you put in longer hose than what they recommend? thus putting your system at risk of having air trapped inside?

Actually I did it with their instructions and I've had mine about 2 yrs now without any issues. Also, I saw a while back that someone even went to a dual battery tray and the res stayed in the same area. It's also gravity fed with a vented cap. No air pockets.

Last edited:

jeffj

Caught the Bug
How about a pic to answer that??!

I ended up fitting it gorgeously in the factory reservoir spot. Had to slightly reroute a wiring harness and move the airbag sensor a few inches. Looks like it was meant to be there. And no, my hose routing is direct and without kinks or obstruction.

That is an airraid intake and an aev snorkel btw, and no cutting was needed.

Attachment 56641

Attachment 56642

Like mtg said he used a sealed box with a snorkel and the reservoir in the stock location. Hope this worked. I could not figure out how to post the entire thread.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Actually I did it with their instructions and I've had mine about 2 yrs now without any issues. Also, I saw a while back that someone even went to a dual battery tray and the res stayed in the same area. It's also gravity fed with a vented cap. No air pockets.

I believe the mounting location is different for the 3.6L. :yup:

I'd be happy to be wrong though...I'd order it today.

Rusty

Sorry I sometimes forget about the 3.8l... :doh:

In the 3.6L there isn't any space beside the battery for much of anything...

Top Bottom