Pvanweelden's JKUR build

pvanweelden

I haven't updated much on the jeep lately, but I do have some projects coming up-
Finally have everything for the 3" lift= evo plush coils, bilstein shocks, evo rear track bar bracket, evo drag link flip and front track bar bracket, Jks adj lca, crown brake lines, hockey pucks :) will redo rear bump stops to 2.5".
1414817034115.jpg
And still patiently waiting for the slabs
1414817067962.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

pvanweelden

Thanks Wes! Forgot to mention I also have the 1.5" tie rod and psc clamp for the start of the hydro assist. Gonna be smart and add hydro this winter before I switch from 36" to 37".
Have a cage project also going on. Might replace the whole cage. Still researching options. Have 40' of dom right now
Rear corners still need some tig welding.
Still need to fab the lower front shock relocation brackets.
Will put the tire carrier back on when I get the slabs and switch to the hardtop

Last edited:

pvanweelden

I have enjoyed being so low with just the evo leveling kit and 315/70's but my gas tank skid has paid the price. Time for a little lift

el_chupo_

Great thread, love all the work you are putting into this one.

Are you going to 37s on the Slabs, or staying with the 35s?

CZEBJKU

I told this guy I could help him all day Sunday but he has prior plans :crazyeyes:

Sent from my whatchamacallit

I don't understand what could be more important than passing up quality help! :thinking :

pvanweelden

^ I wish I could take ya up on the offer to help tomorrow tig, but yes I have family plans tomoro :) maybe we can line something up your next time thru dsm

We had a 4x4 meet n greet tonight, and every body chipped in a few bucks to buy a Toyota guy a jeep xj :thumbup:
So he got a free jeep tonight- I didn't get a pic, but it had a 3" lift and 31's
1414899413661.jpg

1414899434732.jpg

1414899458887.jpg

Tigrcky

^ I wish I could take ya up on the offer to help tomorrow tig, but yes I have family plans tomoro :) maybe we can line something up your next time thru dsm

It's all good, I was just excited to possibly have the honor of wrenching on your beast!

Sent from my whatchamacallit

pvanweelden

^ thanks Johnny!
So, not much of an update on my jeep, but an update on me, been a little busy lately, some bad, some good.
3 weeks ago- found out a friend of 18 years who got me into jeeping was stealing from a local club :( been dealing with that way more than any volunteer every should have to. Thank you Curt for your help and support thru txt.
Wednesday last week, I restarted the iowa association of 4 wheel drive clubs with the goal of public wheeling in iowa (currently does not exist) and finding new private land to wheel, as well as provide insurance to the clubs, and safety standards. The response was overwhelming :)
Then overnight, my wheeling buddy for the last few years, developed a bad cough/hacking. My 8 year old lab Jake.
1415516413708.jpg
Sent the next day at two different vet offices
1415516500324.jpg
He has lymphoma tumors, living life one day at a time. One tumor is blocking most of his lungs, and blocking his treacea making it hard for him to breath and eat :(
We got him steroids and he had a great day today :) I hope tomorrow is good also
1415516759177.jpg
Thank you Scott and Will for your support throughout this for me.

CZEBJKU

So sorry to hear about Jake!!! It's hard to see a family member struggle with any illness! We will be praying for you and your whole family!!!!

David1tontj

Wow Paul, sorry to hear about your pup.

I hope he does better than expected and you get to share more time together. Maybe take him wheeling? I'm sure he'd like that.

Top Bottom