Pvanweelden's JKUR build

pvanweelden

Thanks Curt and David! Scott, you will be glad to know that he went for a 2 hour windowless jeep ride today :)
1415577594643.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

HILLZ

Hope your doing ok brother, very sorry to hear the news about Jake. Don't want to think what i'll be like when the time comes with my two girls. 😢😢😢

pvanweelden

Thanks Scott and Hillz, we had a great weekend with Jake, he was a little restless last night, taking it one day at time, and making him as happy and comfortable as we can.

pvanweelden

Thanks Matt! Today was another good day for Jake :)
Vet told us Thursday to give him anything to get him to eat, including McDonald's cheeseburgers, lol. So with that and the cans of wet food, he is definitely eating pretty good. Bolt is jealous :)
Jeep related- I got my Ruff stuff beef today- 1.5" dom tie rod with Chevy ton tie rods- took advantage of the 20% Halloween sale- shipped for $150 with the tapered sleeves
1415672079094.jpg

Rebel JK

You won't be disappointed with that tie rod Paul. Mine's held up great on my mall runs, Great bang for the buck.

You won't be disappointed with that tie rod Paul. Mine's held up great on my mall runs, Great bang for the buck.

Seconded. I was a little worried about having to ream the knuckle, but took a shot and ordered it. It bolted on just fine and has held up great! I have zero worries about bending it.

lepags21

Sorry for your loss, hope the remaining one gets over it quick, since they tend to be affected a lot, had that happen to my female boxer when my big male (her dad) passed away.

That said, I just came upon your build thread, and must say that I was somewhat suprised with you choice of soft top, given that it robs a lot of head room for big dogs. I can't see Bella trying to fit under that slant.

1de4341120c34db1ccd36d0517b6fdec.jpg

pvanweelden

Thanks Wes and Greg and Lepags21!

I had a unused factory softtop that came with the jeep, but i sold it a while back- i agree with you Lepags on the loss of extra head room for the dogs with the trek top, but i only run with the windows for about 2 weeks in early spring and two weeks in the fall- so the dogs are completely open in the back. i just switched to the hardtop for winter, and it snowed today :)

Jake is still doing good, being spoiled and still happy. We have been blessed.

Happy Veterans Day to everyone who has served our country and given my family freedom. Thank you!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks Wes and Greg and Lepags21!

I had a unused factory softtop that came with the jeep, but i sold it a while back- i agree with you Lepags on the loss of extra head room for the dogs with the trek top, but i only run with the windows for about 2 weeks in early spring and two weeks in the fall- so the dogs are completely open in the back. i just switched to the hardtop for winter, and it snowed today :)

Jake is still doing good, being spoiled and still happy. We have been blessed.

Happy Veterans Day to everyone who has served our country and given my family freedom. Thank you!

glad to hear he is doing good still Paul. he is cute. saw all the pics you posted on facebook over the weekend. keep spoiling him :yup:

pvanweelden

Some quick welding work tonight, front shock relocation brackets, tie rod and non jeep related 6' sheet metal brake.
1415767961240.jpg

pvanweelden

^ Wes, so sorry to hear about the loss of your dog over the weekend :(

Unfortunately, Jake passed away Monday morning. He was a great jeep dog, and a great family dog. We are extremely sad, and lost without him.
1416544351448.jpg

Later Monday, I received the slabs from Scott, they are going on the jeep tomorrow.
1416544400195.jpg

David1tontj

Sorry to hear about jake. Are you guys going to get another lab? There is something about puppies that helps heal.

Let's just hope if you get another, that he doesn't chew your jk seats like the Cherokee!

Top Bottom