Quadratec Hardrock Wheels

GraniteCrystal

I ran eBay spacers on my last rig and they failed.

Needless to say, with Steel I will be running SpiderTrax.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yep, I've made the same mistake in the past. The problem with the cheap china spacers is that they use inferior studs and that's what fails or, at least that's what happened to me. I have run Spidertrax on pretty much every Jeep I've owned since and without any problems.
Napalm, if you end up with mine, I got them from Eddie. These things were probably on Moby at some point. That's another 50hp right there...per spacer.

Napalm

Napalm, if you end up with mine, I got them from Eddie. These things were probably on Moby at some point. That's another 50hp right there...per spacer.

Now there is no question. You must, and I mean MUST, sell me these spacers. :)

can you explain what you mean by "Failed" what happened?

Asking cause I will be throwing SpiderTrax this weekend.

Certainly. I had some studs strip clean off the spacer going down the road. Luckily I was slowing down and had my windows down and I heard them. As Eddie said, the weak point in the Chinese spacers is the studs. Spidertrax will not have that issue.
IMG_1547.JPG

Now there is no question. You must, and I mean MUST, sell me these spacers. :)

Certainly. I had some studs strip clean off the spacer going down the road. Luckily I was slowing down and had my windows down and I heard them. As Eddie said, the weak point in the Chinese spacers is the studs. Spidertrax will not have that issue.

Thanks for the response Napalm, appreciated

matt87951

Thanks everyone for the comments, and the reassurance that as long as I keep the Spidertrax properly torqued, I shouldn't run into any issues.

Much to my surprise, Quadratec responded that with their Hardrock wheels, and my tires (35x12.5x17), I should not have any issues with rubbing. I am honestly surprised by this, as I would have expected them to come out and say there would be rubbing issues and such, because of any potential liability issues of their claims not being correct. Is there really any truth to these working, without the need for a spacer? It's essentially 0.75" more backspacing than recommended, so that translates to quite a bit more when you get out to the tire, especially at full steering lock.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I have 115,000 on my jeep and have run the Spiders most of those miles and absolutely no problem. I have always checked the torque and they have never loosened.

Top Bottom