Quadratec winches

bbailey

Banned
Anyone know if the Qtec winches fit the EVO 1/4 Pounder front bumper? Mine should be arriving later this month and the savings versus the Warn are meaningful if there's no real give up in reliability.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Anyone know if the Qtec winches fit the EVO 1/4 Pounder front bumper? Mine should be arriving later this month and the savings versus the Warn are meaningful if there's no real give up in reliability.

im sure it will fit. they are a little smaller then the warn ones so i dont see why not

edit- if you want i can go measure mine to see how wide it is for fitment.

seanb123

You are giving up reliability though. I talked to a qtech guy and talked about winches he said if you wheel once a month or so the qtech is more than qualified. If your doing this every weekend then go with the warn. They are more qualified for the long haul. Qtechs are perfect for a guy like me and many others who drive their jeep daily but off road about once a month or so

Lane87

Yup mine is in my 1/4 pounder. Fits like a dream.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Quadratec will do free shipping also if you call and do the order over the phone.

This is one of the major reasons why they lose a lot of business from me. It's an added hassle. I like ordering from them because they are one state over and I get my stuff in 2 days, but because I have to waste an extra day dealing with them through PMs or on the phone, I just order from someone else.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Heard back, the integrated solenoid winches from them do not fit in the AEV bumper.
bummed out...

well the nice thing is that you can still get the non-integrated one with synthetic line or steel line at a cheaper price and will still be just as good as the integrated

dillacom

true, just looks so much better
I can go with the 11000s now :)

well the nice thing is that you can still get the non-integrated one with synthetic line or steel line at a cheaper price and will still be just as good as the integrated

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
true, just looks so much better
I can go with the 11000s now :)

yea i hear ya. i dont like it mounted center like with that little wimpy box its in so i mounted it over the motor on the left. i think it looks better there.

dillacom

I'd like to go with the Warn but daaaaaaamn, I already talked wife into lift, wheels, tires, bumpers, hood this year. I may not come out of that conversation alive...

yea i hear ya. i dont like it mounted center like with that little wimpy box its in so i mounted it over the motor on the left. i think it looks better there.

KPM171

For about the same or less money, you can pick up a comparable XRC product from Smittybilt. I've had a few of their winches and have been very happy. Running the XRC X2O winch on my JKUR.

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
KP, I was going to go the XRC route but these Quadratec winches are cheaper. The XRC8 Comp (or whatever it's called) is their 8k lb synthetic winch set up that costs the same as a Quadratec 9k lb synthetic winch. Needless to say, when i have the funds I'll be going with Quadtratec. I'd love a sealed winch but don't have the money for that and doubt I'll ever be in that deep of water.

KPM171

KP, I was going to go the XRC route but these Quadratec winches are cheaper. The XRC8 Comp (or whatever it's called) is their 8k lb synthetic winch set up that costs the same as a Quadratec 9k lb synthetic winch. Needless to say, when i have the funds I'll be going with Quadtratec. I'd love a sealed winch but don't have the money for that and doubt I'll ever be in that deep of water.

Damn. You got me by $5 & 1,000lbs.

• Smittybilt XRC-8 (8,000lb) Winch
    Quadratec Part No: 92122.1000
    $299.99
  • Quadratec Q9000 (9,000lb) Winch
    Quadratec Part No: 92122.2010
    $294.99
  • Smittybilt XRC-12 (12,000lb) Winch
    Quadratec Part No: 92122.1004
    $499.99
  • Quadratec Q11500i (11,500lb) Winch
    Quadratec Part No: 92122.2021
    $459.99

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Yeah haha I think their sealed ones are around the same too? I'm not sure. Didn't mean to put you on the spot just pointing out its barely cheaper haha

KPM171

Yeah haha I think their sealed ones are around the same too? I'm not sure. Didn't mean to put you on the spot just pointing out its barely cheaper haha

No worries at all. Do your homework and pick the right part for you, your rig, & your budget. Looking forward to reading about it and seeing the pix when you decide.

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
So...Harbor Freight is having a sale on 12k LB winches right now...$299.99! Thats pretty friggin cheap. It's not a synthetic line like I'd preffer but this is uber tempting...

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Yeah they do a lot of sales but their "normal price" is $499.99 for the 12k LB model. I think they just flop back and forth with this price for their 12k LB and 9k LB models. Who knows. When I think about it, I've decided I'm gonna do it yet just because I have to start paying for pricey wedding/honeymoon stuff soon meaning I don't really have the budget to blow $300 on a winch lol

mrmet1983

Seen a few videos of these burning up on YouTube , apparently if u just don't winch to long and give it time to cool you will be fine. Just don't run it for 15 min straight or u will probably burn it out

2013 JKUR 4" Enforcer lift w/ 35" fierce attitude MTs , RR modular front bump w/ warnvr8k

Top Bottom