Question about control arms

Hack12

If everything is adjusted correctly you really don't need the stabilizer, It will mask problems but it's main purpose is the bump steer.

Sent from the"Zone of Influence"

Yeah, that seems to be exactly what I'm reading right now on one of Eddie's Project-JK.com write-ups. Shame on me for not reading all this before I spent $100. :)

jeepj

I hate to bring up an old topic, but I'm about to buy some LCA's and I found that JKS makes some nice fixed ones for 2 to 3 inches of lift. They're more than a hundred bucks cheaper and since I only have a 2.5 lift, with Bilstein 5100's (which may or may not give me a little more lift) would the fixed ones be enough to do the job? given that I won't get any more lift.

Thanks guys!

jeeeep

Hooked
I hate to bring up an old topic, but I'm about to buy some LCA's and I found that JKS makes some nice fixed ones for 2 to 3 inches of lift. They're more than a hundred bucks cheaper and since I only have a 2.5 lift, with Bilstein 5100's (which may or may not give me a little more lift) would the fixed ones be enough to do the job? given that I won't get any more lift.

Thanks guys!

why are you buying LCA's - are your stock units damaged? do you have upper adjustable control arms?

jeeeep

Hooked
It's because I have flighty steering, and I need more caster to correct it. And no I don't have upper ones

did you change out your SS to the stock stabilizer?

I would get upper adjustable control arms - they will allow you to adjust your pinion angle back to stock. that will take care of your flighty steering provided all other items are in check

getting non-adjustable CA's will do nothing to correct your pinion.

Also, I didn't see your answer about the dropped pitman arm, did you find out if they installed a drop pitman arm or do you still have the stock arm

Top Bottom