Question about Manual transmission fluid

jesse3638

Hooked
That sounds about right. I bought the oil to do it a few months ago but never got around to it. I think I only bought 2 quarts. I’m on my way home now I’ll check when I get there in a few minutes. I think I went off the write up here on WAYALIFE for the quantity needed
The write up says 3 the dealership says 2 and the manual was even more helpful...:crazyeyes: IMAG3201.jpg

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

nbunga

Caught the Bug
Everywhere that google sends me for the capacity (Quadratec, Extreme terrain, and Morris 4x4) is showing 1.6 quarts. FWIW

jesse3638

Hooked
You should stop before that. You have too many offspring already.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Can never have to many!

All kidding aside I got this done yesterday. It took just under 2 quarts until it began to seep out. Went on a drive right after and maybe its all the placebo affect, but after a few miles and several runs through the gears I swear it is shifting much smoother. I had 41K on it, about 10k more than the recommended change interval. Shifts, especially from 2nd to 3rd and down shifts, were feeling "crunchy". That feeling is gone now.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
I replaced mine (that was shifting fine) with Mopar manual transmission fluid about 20k miles ago. It is kinda expensive, but I figure "don't fix it if it ain't broke". It's still doing fine at 120k. I wonder if I still have the tool I had to make to remove the PITA plug...

Top Bottom