Question about tires, suspension and engine torque.

its a 3.8L v6. So I want some longevity out of it. I understand that it can break eventually. Would 2.5" and 34s still require a regear? Also this gearing is completely stock. So 3.21 as far as I am tracking.

Gearing depends on how your jk was equipped. To be sure, you can go to jeeps website, enter your vin, and they will send you a list of your build specs.

dillard09

You could always get the lift and 35, just deal with it until you save up for the regear. That way you don't have to do it all at once.

Cavscout263

One day I would like to go up on tire size and lift. but also I have been reading that getting a 3" I lift on an automatic Jeep can be problematic with the drive shaft with it being to big and causing a drive shaft boot tear. So it's a lot to spend for a better drive shaft, regear the axels etc.....

dillard09

One day I would like to go up on tire size and lift. but also I have been reading that getting a 3" I lift on an automatic Jeep can be problematic with the drive shaft with it being to big and causing a drive shaft boot tear. So it's a lot to spend for a better drive shaft, regear the axels etc.....

That's exactly what I was going to say. With bigger tires and lift it comes other things. But once you get the jeep on the lift and new tires it won't be long and the bug will hit ya. Those that have 33's want 35's, those with 35's want 37's and those with 37's want 40s. Just wait it's coming!

catahoula

Caught the Bug
That's exactly what I was going to say. With bigger tires and lift it comes other things. But once you get the jeep on the lift and new tires it won't be long and the bug will hit ya. Those that have 33's want 35's, those with 35's want 37's and those with 37's want 40s. Just wait it's coming!

I don't even have 33's and want 35's....I mean 37's.

Top Bottom