Question

FLJKU

I have a 2010 JKU 2wd my springs are last 2 #s front-11/rear-53, I can get a set from a 2015 Rubicon frtnt-18/rear-60 with shocks. my question is will this give me ant additional lift in height or should I just go with a leveling kit?

highoctane

Caught the Bug
You would not get much additional height with those springs. They do give a small lift on a lighter 2dr JK. You'd be best off just getting a leveling kit, such as the Evo Mfg kit. Has new plush ride springs for the front and spacers for the rear.

kaptkrappy

I have a 2010 JKU 2wd my springs are last 2 #s front-11/rear-53, I can get a set from a 2015 Rubicon frtnt-18/rear-60 with shocks. my question is will this give me ant additional lift in height or should I just go with a leveling kit?

You would not get much additional height with those springs. They do give a small lift on a lighter 2dr JK. You'd be best off just getting a leveling kit, such as the Evo Mfg kit. Has new plush ride springs for the front and spacers for the rear.

Let's hold on a second.

This is completely different than the normal set of circumstances.

I'm betting he (I assume it's a he, my bad) will get about 1 1/2" out of those springs on his 2 WD JKU.

Normally on a 4 WD JKU maybe 3/4", but the 2 WD version has a lighter "sprung weight" and will get about the same lift as a 2 door.

Definitely get the shocks from the Rubi, they are much better than the X or Sport springs.

FLJKU

Thanks kaptkrappy, I could do with 11/2 inch yes I was going to buy them for the shocks and hope for some lift the guy is also selling the lca's and steering stabilizer all for 1 price

Evil

I think the only difference in sprung weight would be the transfer case & its bits. Driveshaft, axles, & etc are below the tub & not really going to affect the sprung weight right?

All that weight is sitting on those springs so it should be a tiny bit of lift.

Just for reference I donated my Rubicon springs, shocks & arms to a buddy with a 4wd sport and almost got a full inch out of it until he added a bumper, winch etc, now it sits lower!

Top Bottom