Questions about Synergy front TB and front LCA's

rsmwrangler

i'll be getting my 2.5" lift installed fairly soon, and as part of the install, i'll be throwing Synergy adj front TB and adj front LCA's.
I've never used a double adjuster feature like the ones in this bars, typically with the regular style LCA's i'll adjust the bar to desired length, and then gorilla tight the jam nut, in this ones it seems a lot easier to set as i figure the only thing that will be tighed up is just the pinch bolt correct ?

So i've found as a starting point to adjust the TB to 32 7/8 long eye to eye, and for the Front LCA's, to make them 23" long eye to eye
Question is, should i make them that long like this, for example, this would be 32 7/8 eye to eye
20150822_123610 by SilverFJ RSM, on Flickr

or like this? also 32 7/8 eye to eye
20150822_124005 by SilverFJ RSM, on Flickr

Also the track bar came with 2 metal bushing sleeves attached to the pinch bolt (I guess just packed like that),
20150822_121948 by SilverFJ RSM, on Flickr

Are those sleeves supposed to be installed like ?
20794089205_d4993c7e54_o by SilverFJ RSM, on Flickr

Another question, was i supposed to get some sort of tool with the Synergy track bar to turn the adjuster thing ? or a pipe wrench would suffice?
The LCA's feature a regular nut, but the track bar has that adjuster nut with little holes in it

and finally, my guess is that greasing zerk in the lcas will be facing up toward the chassis instead of facing the ground once the LCA is installed correct ?
2015-08-22_01-37-29 by SilverFJ RSM, on Flickr

Thanks a lot.

upnover

Yes only the pinch bolt is tightened.

The second picture looks correct but does the instructions say how much of the joint should be showing out of the adjuster sleeve.

For the track bar, yes those spacers go on the joint and it looks like they switch to a spanner style adjuster, so you need a spanner wrench to turn the adjuster.

rsmwrangler

Thanks for the reply Upnover, silly me I threw away the packaging boxes with the instructions, but I finally found them in the garbage can :)
for the LCA's, they say "Make any length adjustments by only turning the adjuster sleeve so there is equal thread on the flex joint and adjuster sleeve"

As for spanner style sleeve, the intructions say to use a 1/4" punch or similar tool to adjust the adjuster sleeve.

CrazyLarry

Make sure you take apart all the double adjuster assemblies and clean with brake cleaner and wire brush. Then antiseize everything. Over time those double adjuster sleeves will freeze

Top Bottom