Quick discos

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Hi all. Sorry to hijack this thread a little. I was on the trail two weekends ago with Jeep club SA. All the other wranglers were lifted and had bigger tyres and 90% of them were Rubi's. The trail we had taken was quite challenging and many of the other vehicles were breaching and getting stuck. I was a little nervous because I'm still really new to offroading and I have a stock Sahara. When I saw the others struggling I went to one of the marshals to ask if I shouldn't just manually disconnect my front sway bars upon which I got a major lecture on how unsafe it is to do that and that he had 15 years jeeping experience. He then said it could only b done once u had quick disconnects to which I answered that made no sense because the only difference between stock and quick disconnects was one had a pin and the other a bolt. He said I'd damage the vehicle if I'd done so. Since I'm a novice I decided to give in and struggle my way through the trail which went pretty well considering I was the only stock vehicle. Only got recovered once.
I guess I just want to make sure is it safe for me to manually disconnect the front sway bars on future trails or have I missed something.
That guy needs to be a FOLLOWER and not a LEADER...:asshat:

CREEPR

I used the circle bungee chord with the ball on the end and secured the swaybar/links to the frame.

atrollip

Thanks everyone for ur responses. Iv done a lot of research here on wayalife and think that marshals just as everyone has said, a douche. Il b disconnecting next time worry free. I like the zip ties method also as they always available in my jeep.

Jgarch

Thanks. :thumb: I'll be spending a lot of time underneath soon and will check out the options.

Bungee or zip ties. I'm partial to zip ties just bc I always have some handy. I would rotate mine up and find a spot to attach it.

Careful with the bungees. I had one snap and didn't know it until the tire blew. The disco on the side that snapped hung down. As I was turning the wheel, on trail, the tire rose up into the wheel well, and bang...

Top Bottom