Quieter ride?

What’s your guys opinion about rhinoline the tub, dynamat, rhinoline again and then carpet?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Wait so you want to sandwich the dynamat in bedliner? I think the dynamat isn’t going to stick to a rough surface. And I sincerely doubt that the rhino liner will last on the surface of dynamat. Why don’t you just dynamat and then carpet? If you’re leaving our carpet there’s no reason to bedline really.

danielk37

Wait so you want to sandwich the dynamat in bedliner? I think the dynamat isn’t going to stick to a rough surface. And I sincerely doubt that the rhino liner will last on the surface of dynamat. Why don’t you just dynamat and then carpet? If you’re leaving our carpet there’s no reason to bedline really.

I’ve never dealt with rhinoline or dynamat so thats why I was curious and seeing what you guys would say about it. But ya you’re right, ill probably do that fairly soon.

And you saying that there’s no reason for bedline on the tub?

danielk37

You’re the one that wants to bedline it, why do you want to do it?

Well first reason I wanna bedline it is because the previous owner(s) put holes and cut out a bunch of things and did a bunch of dumb stuff that it now has holes and creases which that keeps getting water into the rig. So I’m thinking that if I bedline it, it’ll cover and block all the whole and creases. Second, I wanna put throw things into the jeep and not worry about paint or rust or anything like that.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Well first reason I wanna bedline it is because the previous owner(s) put holes and cut out a bunch of things and did a bunch of dumb stuff that it now has holes and creases which that keeps getting water into the rig. So I’m thinking that if I bedline it, it’ll cover and block all the whole and creases. Second, I wanna put throw things into the jeep and not worry about paint or rust or anything like that.

You are all over the board. Do you want dynamat and carpet or do you want bedliner and rednecks? Pick one first.

SLO

There is a science to making a cabin more quiet. If you just start throwing materials down and layering a bunch of random stuff, you won’t get the result you want and you’ll be throwing away money. In short, you want a sound deadener on the tub, followed by a decoupling material and then carpet over that. Problem is, on a jeep, you will still have the doors to address, the tailgate, noise from the windshield, etc. If you have MT’s, that will introduce a lot of road noise. Jeeps are not going to be silent like a luxury vehicle. That said, there are things you can do to help. Here is a good site:

https://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com

I sprayed my entire tub with LizardSkin and did headliners on the hard top. It helped but I still get a lot of noise from tires, lights bars, windshield, etc. In the end, it wasn’t really worth it.

WJCO

Meme King

Check this thread out: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/18549-Running-Carpetless-in-a-JKU

It has nothing to do with sound but just about pulling the carpet.

Dude I think you just need to start over from the beginning. I have no idea what you want.
Bedliner is paint, it doesn’t plug holes. Bedliner is for when you want to ditch the carpet but want it to look cool and I’ve you some traction unlike painted metal. Bedliner gives you near zero sound deadening. Carpet gives you sound deafening and insulation. If you want sound deadening get sound deadener, dynamat, Raam audio mat, etc. Undercoating everything with a quality rubberized undercoating helps with sound and insulation and rustproofing the underside.

Top Bottom