RAGNAROK - Mojave Sand Build

BenJKWrangler15

Got my lift installed last week. Ran into a few snags with installation issues that will be resolved later this week but here's how it looks with the lift and wheels.

-3.5" Rock Krawler Flex System
-Bilsten 5100 shocks
-BFG 35" KM2's
-Procomp 7032 17" wheels

View attachment 210201

View attachment 210202

How do you like the ride of the Bilstein 5100? And what kind of snags did you ran into? Planning on doing a 4" lift on my JK. Need intel :)

xxJWPxx

How do you like the ride of the Bilstein 5100? And what kind of snags did you ran into? Planning on doing a 4" lift on my JK. Need intel :)

So far I really like the ride of the Bilstein's. With that being said I haven't had much of a chance to test them out due to the lift installation problems I had. Long story short, the shop I paid to do the install complelty f'd it up (sbd's mounted upside down, front bump stops not installed, lower control arm joints not torqued properly so they are all off center/crooked). I should be getting most of if not all of that sorted out tomorrow and will have a better opinion of the ride quality. I definitely like the feel of the RK kit with the Bilstein's and imagine it'll only get better when I get it all squared away. I've seen Eddie say in numerous threads that ride quality is subjective and would agree with that statement. I like the feel, not as stiff as I've heard people say. I had originally planned on going with the Rancho 7000's but ended up with the Bilstein's after seeing them as the recommended shocks on RK's website along with the RK RRD shocks, which weren't in my price range.

BenJKWrangler15

So far I really like the ride of the Bilstein's. With that being said I haven't had much of a chance to test them out due to the lift installation problems I had. Long story short, the shop I paid to do the install complelty f'd it up (sbd's mounted upside down, front bump stops not installed, lower control arm joints not torqued properly so they are all off center/crooked). I should be getting most of if not all of that sorted out tomorrow and will have a better opinion of the ride quality. I definitely like the feel of the RK kit with the Bilstein's and imagine it'll only get better when I get it all squared away. I've seen Eddie say in numerous threads that ride quality is subjective and would agree with that statement. I like the feel, not as stiff as I've heard people say. I had originally planned on going with the Rancho 7000's but ended up with the Bilstein's after seeing them as the recommended shocks on RK's website along with the RK RRD shocks, which weren't in my price range.

Good to know! Hopefully everything's going to get sort out on your rig and you'll be able to enjoy your investement fully :) Thanks for everything else! Sick built so far, keep it up :)

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Thanks. I had debated getting another granite crystal, which I loved but have to say the Mojave sand is my new favorite jeep color. Tank being second.

Funny, I'm in the same boat. When I got rid of my Granite 4 door, I had the choice of any color I wanted. I was set on going Granite again, since it's such a gorgeous color. I looked at Tank and Hydro blue and really liked them as well. Then I saw Mojave Sand on a Renegade and told them I wanted that on a JKU. I love the simple, utilitarian look of Mojave Sand as opposed to the nice, for lack of better words, 'luxury' look of the Granite. I always loved the Sahara Tan color, and I have to say I like the Mojave Sand better. It's a few shades darker, and not 'mustard' colored like the Dune. Granite is still a close second for me though lol! Now let's hope they only run this color for one year and discontinue!

xxJWPxx

Couple of small things I did over the past few weeks.

Lamin-x film over the fender side markers to darken them up a bit.

IMG_6416.JPG

D-Ring receiver hitch

IMG_6417.JPG

Transferred my license plate over from my 2014 2 door to this jeep.

IMG_6484.jpg

xxJWPxx

I Ordered a Magnaflow Cat-Back Rock Krawler exhaust system today. Hoping to install it sometime next week.

FLKEYSJK

Stopped by my local dealer today to check on my clutch creaking noise and I saw the Mojave sand color in person for the first time, and I must say the pictures don't do it justice! If I were getting a new jeep this color would be at the top of my list. Also the jeep is looking great!

xxJWPxx

Stopped by my local dealer today to check on my clutch creaking noise and I saw the Mojave sand color in person for the first time, and I must say the pictures don't do it justice! If I were getting a new jeep this color would be at the top of my list. Also the jeep is looking great!

Totally agree. I haven't been able to get a pic that captures the actual color you see in person.

xxJWPxx

Magnaflow Cat-Back Rock Crawler exhaust installed today. It's pretty loud when you get on it but not too bad and relatively quiet on the highway. I had a Banks Monster on my 2 door and compared to the Banks the Magnaflow has a deeper/louder tone and a little crackle when I down shift, which I like. Throttle response feels the same, maybe a little better but nothing worth noting. I like that the huge stock exhaust is gone and with the Magnaflow it's out of sight and tucked away nicely. I still have the stock plastic rear bumper and the exhaust tip sits right up near the bumper. Magnaflow recommends installing this exhaust with an aftermarket metal bumper as the plastic may get hot/melt. I checked the bumper near the exhaust tip when I got home and it felt normal and was the same on the other side without the exhaust tip. This was after an hour on the highway in 100 degree weather. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it though and do plan on replacing the rear bumper in the future. If I run into any heat issues with the plastic in the meantime I'll remove the last section of the exhaust and have it exit after the rear axle.

IMG_6568.JPG

IMG_6565.JPG

IMG_6566.JPG

Top Bottom