Rails - EVO vs. LOD

Fortunate

I'm glad I'm not the only trying to decide which of the 2 to go with.

My only concern with the LOD's is the rocks and other dirt getting trapped in the slider on top of the plates. Early designs these plates were welded in. Is this still the case or are they removable?

dahreno

Banned
I really like the Evo's and you could also install some grip tape on the so you won't slide off of them when using them for a step. On the other hand I really like the Lods also because of the dimple die step with the raised portion facing up for foot traction . The bottom of the Lods do unbolt unlike the older design . I know because I just spoke to them . I am having them custom make me a pair with the step going all the way across the top.I am also having them not install the rear frame bracket because it will hit my rear lower long arm . Also getting it bare so I can fab. up a rear mount then just paint them.

Heholua

I'm glad I'm not the only trying to decide which of the 2 to go with.

My only concern with the LOD's is the rocks and other dirt getting trapped in the slider on top of the plates. Early designs these plates were welded in. Is this still the case or are they removable?

They are removable now.

StrizzyChris

as stated, they are removable and held into place by allen bolts
P3090158.jpg

Tranquillity

Well, looks like I stepped in the same boat as well. I'm about to make my decision eventually. Would anyone mind posting some pictures of their LoD and EVO sliders ?

I personally prefer the design of EVO but I can get convinced otherwise. Weld on is a little bit of a letdown but I can get over it. If I go the EVO way, Can I install some rock skin later on ? Would the rails get in the way ?

I saw that LoD offer some zinc added 2 stage textured. Anybody know if that's worth 100$ ?

Thanks !

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
If I go the EVO way, Can I install some rock skin later on ? Would the rails get in the way ?
Thanks !

Andrew (paychex.30) just installed the rock skins. he has the evo sliders with the "custom step design" and said it was an easy install. i am going this route with mine and will install the skins later down the road when im ready.

Well, looks like I stepped in the same boat as well. I'm about to make my decision eventually. Would anyone mind posting some pictures of their LoD and EVO sliders ?

I personally prefer the design of EVO but I can get convinced otherwise. Weld on is a little bit of a letdown but I can get over it. If I go the EVO way, Can I install some rock skin later on ? Would the rails get in the way ?

Thanks !

YES, as coz said, I did this last week. I have the EVO "low step design" sliders and they were not in the way at all during install of my skins.

borracho

YES, as coz said, I did this last week. I have the EVO "low step design" sliders and they were not in the way at all during install of my skins.

Thats awesome to hear. I have been putting off getting my sliders welded on cause I am not ready to install the skins. Thanks for posting this.

Top Bottom