Rancho sport lift

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Just got the rancho 2" sport lift installed View attachment 184956 .
At the tire shop now will post more pics in a bit

I was reading the installation manual yesterday and I noticed that it says you should detach the front driveshaft. Is this really necessary, seems like overkill from my limited knowledge? Also, if anyone has some pics after the install with some 33s or 35s that would be cool. I'm going back and forth from the Rancho kit and Evo leveling kIt and just can't decide.

Jason12

Here is mine with rancho 2 inch and 285 70s ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455072437.694977.jpg . It is kinda on a slope in the pic but sits perfectly level. Haven't really had it off-road yet just gravel roads and highway I think it rides very similar to stock.

Jason12

Thanks. Honestly idk about the bumper lol. My stock one got smashed and I panicked and ordered it from eBay It shipped thru 24 hr parts and has an x laser cut in each side. I got it for like $280 seems pretty sturdy and should look good when I mount winch on it.

Eezybreezy08

Did you get the 9k shocks or 5k? Also, did you get new sway bar links for the front?

Just to help you out, I personally went with the 9000s on my wife's. And as of right now, I did not change the front sway bar links. But I have ordered some jks quick disconnects for 0-2 in of lift that should be arriving at my doorstep shortly. Hope that helps

ScoobyCarolanNC

I'm about to pull this same trigger: rancho 2" with 285/70r18. A lot tire talk about rubbing though. Do I need bigger bump stops in the rear? I'm not planning on trimming or going to 35s.

Jason12

I'm also running 1.5 spydertrax spacers. Have had no rubbing issues. Plus they give a little more aggressive look

el_chupo_

I'm about to pull this same trigger: rancho 2" with 285/70r18. A lot tire talk about rubbing though. Do I need bigger bump stops in the rear? I'm not planning on trimming or going to 35s.

Did you mean 285/70/17? A 285/70/18 is a bit taller than most 35" tires, though only 11.25" wide.

I did not add any bumpstops in the rear, and have no issues with 315/70/17s.

You will probably need spacers or wider wheels.

phi502

I went with 5k's. No sway bar links yet. Next on my list going with jks quick discos slso

How do you like the 5k's? Are they stiffer than the stock shocks? I have been wondering if these would be better or worse than my Rubicon shocks.

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Hey all, if you are looking at this system, I would wait until March 1st.
Just seems like a great time to save some money.

;)

Jason12

How do you like the 5k's? Are they stiffer than the stock shocks? I have been wondering if these would be better or worse than my Rubicon shocks.
Mine is a sport so can't say on the rubi shocks but I'd say they are a little stiffer than stock. I've got about 4K miles on it now and really like the ride of them IMO

ScoobyCarolanNC

Here is mine with rancho 2 inch and 285 70s View attachment 186906 . It is kinda on a slope in the pic but sits perfectly level. Haven't really had it off-road yet just gravel roads and highway I think it rides very similar to stock.

Hey bud. I still never got the lift & wanted to see how you've liked it now that it's been a while. Are you on 285/70/17 or 18?

Sent from my duck blind.

Top Bottom