Random Internet Shit you've come across

jdofmemi

Been there! Started off with a tank of a bike like that, but after cutting countless lawns I bought my Hutch TrickStar in ‘83 for $600. My poor mother ordered every part over the phone for me 🤣, borrowing my aunts credit card [emoji51] and I assembled it myself at age 12. I still have that bike in my basement. Just can’t let it go. I see them on ebay for up to $1,500 nowadays.

View attachment 326311

Nice bike.
I remember Hutch was THE shit. Best you could get. That was a lot of $$$$ back then. I bet you were the envy of everyone around.

Question now, would you rather have the memories of the Hutch, or do you wish you put the $600 into Microsoft or Apple and held it till now?

Tmi

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

That was my first thought too, then I scrolled down and you already said it.

I’ve got some rather tasteless comments I’m just gonna keep to myself, until cocktail hour then all bets are off. [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

When is cocktail hour? Some days you are rolling pretty early.

It's good entertainment most times though. I will have to check back later

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Nice bike.
I remember Hutch was THE shit. Best you could get. That was a lot of $$$$ back then. I bet you were the envy of everyone around.

Question now, would you rather have the memories of the Hutch, or do you wish you put the $600 into Microsoft or Apple and held it till now?

Living in the suburbs as a kid meant that all my friends had pretty nice bikes. Haro, Red Line, GT, Quad Angle and Skyway. The posers had Mongoose or Diamond Backs [emoji38]. We had a blast with them!

As for the stocks, coulda, shoulda, woulda. I could say that about so many things in my life, but I not would trade those memories or any other for money. In-fact, I continue to spend large sums of money to create more memories. That’s what life’s about!

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Last edited:
Top Bottom