Random Internet Shit you've come across

jesse3638

Hooked
View attachment 354639

Wife found this on facebook the other day

Engineer pass
Some people should just go live in a bubble. They aren't fit to live amongst the rest of us.
This is something referred to as death by GPS. In early days of navigation GPS would take you on the shortest route possible. This could involve off road trails and roads. Common sense should habe told these drivers something didn't seem right yet they just kept on going. Pay attention to whats out the windshield not whats on a screen.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
This is something referred to as death by GPS. In early days of navigation GPS would take you on the shortest route possible. This could involve off road trails and roads. Common sense should habe told these drivers something didn't seem right yet they just kept on going. Pay attention to whats out the windshield not whats on a screen.

I don’t know if they’ve fixed it but this was a problem in rural Victoria. The GPS would send people up the driveway to one of the properties and it wasn’t obvious until you’d driven roughly 100kms that it was the wrong way. The property owners weren’t real happy about random people turning up at their front door lost every other week.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
I don’t know if they’ve fixed it but this was a problem in rural Victoria. The GPS would send people up the driveway to one of the properties and it wasn’t obvious until you’d driven roughly 100kms that it was the wrong way. The property owners weren’t real happy about random people turning up at their front door lost every other week.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
I believe here. The land management agencies have worked to remove a lot of off road trails and 4x4 roads to avoid this. Unfortunately it took a child dying in death valley after his mother's vehicle became disabled in soft sand. She was close to death herself

Last edited:
Top Bottom