Random (non-Jeep) Shit You’re Working On....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The old posts are concreted in so when the post breaks at the ground level there is still a 3-ft diameter ball of concrete underground that needs to be broken into pieces or dug out. 🥵 Where is the TNT or dynamite when you need it? Gonna need to drink the whiskey to kill the rotator cuff pain tonight.

View attachment 407090
Oh man, I really hate when people do that! Just dig an appropriate deep hole and sink in a proper size post. Wooden ones like this ALL go bad eventually and WILL need to be replaced. The concrete just makes life shitty in the future.

But then, you're the one who has to deal with it now and not the previous owner so what do they care. Maybe you should do the same for the next guy 🤪

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
After digging posts and pulling fence at our last place using an old ford 8n and a post hole digger I’d rent a skid steer with a post hole attachment. You can get it all done in no time.
Yup - did the same the first go round. We did about 300 posts back when I as slightly younger & thought that shit was fun….the thought of doing that now with a tractor with those shitty hydraulics…..barf

Trail Bud

Hooked
Yup - did the same the first go round. We did about 300 posts back when I as slightly younger & thought that shit was fun….the thought of doing that now with a tractor with those shitty hydraulics…..barf
Yeah, I can almost remember those days when hard work was fun too. Sucks getting old :).

Top Bottom