Random Photos

jeeeep

Hooked
So, a little background.

I am NOT a cat person, never have been. I'm allergic to cats.

This little lady shows up one day, trailed by 4 or 5 males, so I know she's in heat and she wasn't even a year old.
Tried to run all the boys off and keep them away, you can see that didn't work.

She's very affectionate but doesn't like to be picked up or held. She is not feral, she's either a run away or a dump.
We feed her, have various outdoor shelters for her to be in. When it got closer to go time, I set up a big dog crate outside, covered it with tarps to keep it out of the rain and the sun. Put a tote inside with towels. On July 16th something made me check the crate, she was in the tote panting so I closed the crate, at that point I became her protector. She had the 5 kittens and was fine outside until all of a sudden she wasn't. Something spooked her, cat, coon, possum I don't know.

So the family moved inside in the crate. Set up a litter box and feeding station for her outside of the crate and as far away as possible in the room. This worked for about a week, then she got bored. So started letting her wander the house.

Move forward to last weekend and I made a playpen out of 4 Lowes medium moving boxes. They have 4.5' x 4.5' to practice their WWF moves on each other and on Momma. I cut one top flap off so she can get in and out easily, but the kittens can almost jump that high now. The future will see how I have to modify.

They will be 5 weeks old tomorrow. 2 are eating pate with softened kibble mixed in. The other 3 are sniffing but not eating it yet. All of them are still nursing. I can verify 2 of them are using the litter box for everything. I believe all 5 are peeing in the litter box.

Momma goes in on Sept 01 to be spayed. After 10-14 days, she can decide if she wants to stay or go back out. On Sept 11, whatever kittens we haven't found a home for, will go to the Humane Society.
not a cat person, the neighbor cat lady feeds 50+ feral cats a day. The toms rape the females and many of them are too young to have kittens, so the kittens end up dead around the neighborhood.

In the last 2 months I've found at least a dozen dead kittens around my house, under the JKU and I check under the hood weekly to make sure no kittens; don't want that disgusting mess again when I do drive it.

Animal control is as useful as tits on a bull.

I suspect the toms are also killing kittens as part of their cat caring behavior. Most recent find outside my front door:
20230708_192820.jpg

Jsouder53

Hooked
not a cat person, the neighbor cat lady feeds 50+ feral cats a day. The toms rape the females and many of them are too young to have kittens, so the kittens end up dead around the neighborhood.

In the last 2 months I've found at least a dozen dead kittens around my house, under the JKU and I check under the hood weekly to make sure no kittens; don't want that disgusting mess again when I do drive it.

I suspect the toms are also killing kittens as part of their cat caring behavior. Most recent find outside my front door:
View attachment 394701
I hate feral cats. Get some live traps and take them to the animal shelters and make sure they don’t reintroduce them to your neighborhood. They put down about half that I brought in since they were sickly. That’s what I did when my neighbor fed the feral’s… cut back on the population pretty quickly!

jeeeep

Hooked
I hate feral cats. Get some live traps and take them to the animal shelters and make sure they don’t reintroduce them to your neighborhood. They put down about half that I brought in since they were sickly. That’s what I did when my neighbor fed the feral’s… cut back on the population pretty quickly!
yeah, I've done that, and they keep releasing them back into the neighborhood. I have better things to do with my time and it's not my fucking job to deal with feral animal issues. The fucking laws are made to not do shit except punish me if I deal with it in a purposeful manner.

They've fined her for feeding... a whole whopping $30 fine 🤬

I keep asking the neighbor to not feed the cats but she's a ...

Ddays

Hooked
yeah, I've done that, and they keep releasing them back into the neighborhood. I have better things to do with my time and it's not my fucking job to deal with feral animal issues. The fucking laws are made to not do shit except punish me if I deal with it in a purposeful manner.

They've fined her for feeding... a whole whopping $30 fine 🤬

I keep asking the neighbor to not feed the cats but she's a ...

Feral cats are a fucking problem. These assholes kill everything. Look at what they did to the rodents & birds in Austrailia.

We have 4 barn cats that are spayed & neutered that keep the pests to a minimum around the area but get the shit kicked out of them by the wild ones. We get the occasional big tomcat around and they're bastards. They kick the shit outta our cats until I get the chance to feed them a lead vitamin. One of the few animals I get pleasure in dispatching.

AZVAJKU

Hooked

View attachment 394701
IMG_0085.gif

jamesrw30

Here's a random photo. So last week my son accidentally swallowed a metal coin that came with something Mario he has. At first the doc said it would pass but that might be started to uncontrollably vomit so we rushed to local ER. They talked with children's hospital in Birmingham and we were sent there. They ended up going down the throat and pulling it out. Have kids they said.

Attachments

• PXL_20230818_111659557.jpg
    PXL_20230818_111659557.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 25

WJCO

Meme King
Here's a random photo. So last week my son accidentally swallowed a metal coin that came with something Mario he has. At first the doc said it would pass but that might be started to uncontrollably vomit so we rushed to local ER. They talked with children's hospital in Birmingham and we were sent there. They ended up going down the throat and pulling it out. Have kids they said.
Man, scary stuff.

kevman65

Hooked
Glad he's okay.

Jeeps are cheaper.......

Trail Bud

Hooked
Glad he’s ok.

Top Bottom