Random Photos

Brute

Hooked
At least he seems to be easily trackable so you can catch him. My dad and I were fishing on an inflatable boat one time and one swam by right next to us near the surface. Fucker was huge. So cool to see.
I saw one crossing the road down on a dirt road in Delacroix LA…had to be close to a hundred pounds. Some locals came by in a truck, bonked it on the head with a pipe and threw it in the back of the truck…I’m sure it was soup soon after…

WJCO

Meme King
I saw one crossing the road down on a dirt road in Delacroix LA…had to be close to a hundred pounds. Some locals came by in a truck, bonked it on the head with a pipe and threw it in the back of the truck…I’m sure it was soup soon after…
Regular snapper or Alligator Snapper?

Brute

Hooked
Regular snapper or Alligator Snapper?
I’m not sure I know the difference…but it was huge, and smelled pretty bad…hard to believe they are so good to eat. Whenever I go to Nawlins, I make a point to have some turtle soup

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I’m not sure I know the difference…but it was huge, and smelled pretty bad…hard to believe they are so good to eat. Whenever I go to Nawlins, I make a point to have some turtle soup
Alligator snapper looks like a gator. Has spikes on the shell.

Brute

Hooked
Alligator snapper looks like a gator. Has spikes on the shell.
It was 30 years ago…I don’t remember if it had spikes.

i remember when I was about 12 hooking a snapper with a shell almost two feet long with a live minnow while bass fishing…as long as it was floating , I could reel him in…as soon as he got close to shore and could get his feet on the bottom, I couldn’t budge it. After twenty minutes, I broke him off…

Top Bottom