Random Vibration

wjtstudios

Hooked
I love how conversations just wander. I have exchanged with Jerry on this and spoken at length
With Dan at Fusion on this. What is your draw to spin tech? I can’t imagine it’s over gas mileage. Is it just wear on the front you are looking to minimize?

Yes, stronger and less wear on the front hubs. Nice product but at 1800 they are pricey

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Ddays

Hooked
Yes, stronger and less wear on the front hubs. Nice product but at 1800 they are pricey

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

They are definitely spendy, but for me cheaper than a front axle and they get you to 8 lug. Plus you never have to get unit bearings ever again. I replace every year-year & a half so that's $250-300 a pop. And Dan suggested the (gulp) Teraflex over the Spyntec.

If I had the desire to go to 40's then sure 60's make sense. I'm really content with the 37's so the PR44 is likely all I'll ever need in front. Plus there are a couple other things I'm thinking about that I'd rather spend the money on. :brows:

nbunga

Caught the Bug
Need some expert opinions/advice. I have a 2017 MT rubicon 4 door with 1310 Adams shafts on it that are only about 2 months old. Driving back from a job site a day ago I started to pick up a vibration in various gears and only at specific RPM but under load. Let off the gas...nothing. Feather the gas and its there. Definitely not tire related. Possibly bearing I guess but no noises or sounds to indicate as such. It's really just when under load. My cross member is fairly banged up but I crawled around under there and everything seems well supported with no issues and I hadn't done anything to change it's condition while driving it. Inspected the shafts and don't see any signs of damage. I will try greasing them tonight to make sure I didn't neglect something after my last few wheeling trips. Looking for some ideas where to look. Thanks in advance.

I would go to your rear shaft first. It was making contact a couple times on that rock ledge at turtle ridge that you ended up having to winch. Looked like it was just barely touching but could have been more than we thought.

JKbrick

They are definitely spendy, but for me cheaper than a front axle and they get you to 8 lug. Plus you never have to get unit bearings ever again. I replace every year-year & a half so that's $250-300 a pop. And Dan suggested the (gulp) Teraflex over the Spyntec.

If I had the desire to go to 40's then sure 60's make sense. I'm really content with the 37's so the PR44 is likely all I'll ever need in front. Plus there are a couple other things I'm thinking about that I'd rather spend the money on. :brows:

Trailer? I bet I know a guy that would buy a used PR in a hot minute

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
Trailer? I bet I know a guy that would buy a used PR in a hot minute

Haha, no, not a trailer, although I damn near bought one last summer. I decided I'd rather drive it to where I'm going. I don't have small kids or grumpy teenagers to tote around anymore so having to worry about passengers isn't a concern. My rear seat is out almost all the time now. LOL, believe me, I need NO coercion when it comes to spending money on the Jeeps, but for me, I can't justify the expense of going the 40 route.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Rear u joint is toast. Easy enough. Nothing like a last minute repair before leaving at 3 in the morning. Lol

JKbrick

Over rated. I’ll sleep when I’m dead. All buttoned up including transmission oil change. How much metal flakes should I expect on my drain plug. It’s a MT and first change at 50k

Not too sure, I’ll be at 50k in about 25 years I’ll let you know! [emoji23]

Top Bottom