Rausch Creek. 11/8/14 laid back run with friends.

kgw350

George I'm the same way I wax and detail before and after wheeling lol.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

KingCopperhead

George I'm the same way I wax and detail before and after wheeling lol.

Good man! Hey even though we beat these things up, it's no reason not to take care of them! I won't cry if I get trail damage, but I'll weep salty ass tears if my jeep rusts out.

I'm slacking. I usually wax and hand wash the body after I'm done with the undercarriage, so far just the spray Bay treatment. I'll do the wax job tomorrow.

Next trip to rausch I need you to show me the right line for yellow jacket. I'm not going home until I clear it or break my jeep.

noroad

Good man! Hey even though we beat these things up, it's no reason not to take care of them! I won't cry if I get trail damage, but I'll weep salty ass tears if my jeep rusts out.

I'm slacking. I usually wax and hand wash the body after I'm done with the undercarriage, so far just the spray Bay treatment. I'll do the wax job tomorrow.

Next trip to rausch I need you to show me the right line for yellow jacket. I'm not going home until I clear it or break my jeep.

There is one really good line on yellow jacket and if you get it right you can just roll right up it!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
There is one really good line on yellow jacket and if you get it right you can just roll right up it!

Yup what Andrew said. There is literally one perfect line for yellow jacket and I can show you. Ask grnhorn about it :D

KingCopperhead

That's what I was trying to tell the people I was with. I've seen way less built rigs make it look easier - with an experienced driver behind the wheel. (which I am not. LoL see the video in my build thread for evidence of this.)

I'll eventually get it. I'm learning more every trip.

kgw350

There is actually two lines on yellow jacket. Left and Right they both flex you out nice.
Here is a video of my 4dr a couple years ago.
Rausch Creek 2012 JKUR: http://youtu.be/ths7MpePzTg

KingCopperhead

Great video kyle, you make it look so easy. I think my mistake was trying to ride the higher side of that stepped Ridge on the driver tire. It puts the rear in a bad spot and makes your ass slide down and gets the jeep crossed up so to speak. (if that makes sense)

kgw350

Thanks George next summer we should plan a Wayalife Rausch Creek weekend. This way all us east coast guys can meet each other.

KingCopperhead

Thanks George next summer we should plan a Wayalife Rausch Creek weekend. This way all us east coast guys can meet each other.

You're welcome! I think that's a great idea. Make a weekend trip out of it, do some wheeling, have a few shots of American honey and some steaks after. Once we get through the winter we can start setting it up. How far from central NY are you? My local club does a snow run in Feb usually. That's probably all I'll have to hold me over the winter lol. I'll shoot the info your way when we pick a date if you're up for a trip to the syracuse area.

GRNHORN

Yup what Andrew said. There is literally one perfect line for yellow jacket and I can show you. Ask grnhorn about it :D

That's what I was trying to tell the people I was with. I've seen way less built rigs make it look easier - with an experienced driver behind the wheel. (which I am not. LoL see the video in my build thread for evidence of this.)

I'll eventually get it. I'm learning more every trip.

Steve is right, if you pick the corrrect line (or your spotter picks the correct line for you) you can crawl right up yellow jacket with no issues. On the day that Steve is talking about he made my Jeep look badass, and me look very experienced.

If the driver has a lot of experience and pick lines good he/she will make it. If the driver isn't experienced or has a good spotter the Jeep won't matter because you won't make no matter what.

Armydog

Steve is right, if you pick the corrrect line (or your spotter picks the correct line for you) you can crawl right up yellow jacket with no issues. On the day that Steve is talking about he made my Jeep look badass, and me look very experienced.

If the driver has a lot of experience and pick lines good he/she will make it. If the driver isn't experienced or has a good spotter the Jeep won't matter because you won't make no matter what.

Yup........it's ALL ABOUT THE SPOTTER!!!

Top Bottom