RCV Axles, Reid Knuckles, Synergy Tie Rod and High Steer - Let the installs begin!

QRS

View attachment 93548

Ok, we are talking about 2 different items now with the trackbar relocation bracket and the drag link flip bracket now, right? Attached is a pic and I color coded what I know it as, so correct me if I am wrong.

The RED circle is the track bar bracket, which is attached to the axle. Is everyone saying that this needs to be upgraded to replace the OE bracket with a new bracket in its place to raise the trackbar to a more even level? This make sense as I wanted to get a bracket so I can relocate the steering stabilizer anyway. I'm guessing I should have gotten this: http://www.synergymfg.com/Synergy-Jeep-JK-Front-Steering-Correction-Kit-p-16758.html#.U9cdZmK9KSN instead of getting what I did get which was this: http://www.synergymfg.com/Synergy-Jeep-JK-Front-Steering-Correction-Kit-p-16758.html#.U9cdZmK9KSN without the drag link flip adapter. If this is correct, I'll see if I can just get the relocation bracket separate.

The YELLOW line and circle represent the high steer arm where it connects to the top of the knuckle. From what I had believed, the high steer arm would just connect right into the Reid knuckle since it is at a higher point and there would be no need for an additional bracket. But what you guys are saying is that I WOULD still need the drag link flip adapter....but I still can't see it.

If you guys could maybe post a link to the parts I would need to get, maybe after I see what you mean, I can start to put the pieces together visually.

Thanks again folks, really appreciate the lesson.

1995 Jeep Wrangler SE 4.0 MT
2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 10th Anniversary
TK5337

The kit includes both the tracbar relocation bracket and the drag link.
With the REID knuckle the drag ling end will go right in through the top of it, there is no need for the TRE adapter

Note: You listed the same link for the two Synergy kits, which is the one you need.

You should get something just like this but with the orange Reid knuckle
j0v6zr.png

Last edited:

Finn Sizzle

The kit includes both the tracbar relocation bracket and the drag link.
With the REID knuckle the drag ling end will go right in through the top of it, there is no need for the TRE adapter

Note: You listed the same link for the two Synergy kits, which is the one you need.

You should get something just like this but with the orange Reid knuckle
View attachment 93578

Yep, I corrected the link on what I did get. Basically just the high steer arm. I'll need to get the bracket separately, which is this: http://www.synergymfg.com/Synergy-J...-Relocation-Bracket-p-16402.html#.U9cpEmK9KSN

Does that about cover it?

TK5337

Finn Sizzle

If welding why not just do a stronger Artec weld on ? All the work you're doing why a bolt on?

Originally I was not welding anything. Plus I have welded only a few items, but nothing on my rig yet, so my skills are not yet complete and I would not trust myself to do it correctly. If I do get anything welded, I would take it to a shop to do.

I just wante to make sure I am getting all of the correct components I need for the install.

TK5337

Finn Sizzle

http://www.offroadevolution.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=EVO-DRAGLINKFLIP

That gives you an upgraded drag link, and the new axle mounted Track Bar bracket that moves your TB up where it needs to be.

Ignore the drilling of the steering arm on the knuckle instructions. Just mount the drag link tie rod end on the top of the steering arm of the knuckle.

HTH

I think the verbiage was getting confused. I already have the drag link from Synergy (see my original list of parts) but I did go out and get the TB mount to raise it up. I think I am all set, just need to set some time aside for the install.

Thanks everyone for all your help!

TK5337

Top Bottom