Re-gear worth it for 35" on Rubi 4.10?

ITLL GO

Sorry for the newbie question but I see somebody mentioned a gear chart ? can somebody post a link to it ? i'd be looking to regear as well within 1-2 months tops, and I see the recommendation for 35's and the 3.6 is now 4.88 ? i thought this was for the 3.8 engine ? or maybe I read in other forums the recommendation for 35's were 4.56 ??, I have a 13 Sport with the 3.21's, and i'll be adding rear locker/front TT, and I was thinking 4.56's because I have 33's (bought them last month, so it'll be at least 3 years before I switch tires), I have no plans for anything bigger than 35's anyways, but i'll be adding steel to protect belly/rocker panels, bumpers, winch etc, etc, given the extra weight, I thought 4.56's were going to be ideal in this platform?

From what i can tell, id say you would be doing great with 4.56. The sport gearing is a little sluggish with 33's on them. At least, that's what i remember with a friends Sarah. Refer to the chart above. Good info!

utiadam

LOSER
I have had 37s on for almost a month now with the 4.10s. I have a manual transmission though. It's not terrible for city driving and most of my commute is highway. 6th gear is pretty much useless though. I do plan on getting a regear to 5.13 but just haven't had the cash.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1440165863.931339.jpg

rob_p

I have had 37s on for almost a month now with the 4.10s. I have a manual transmission though. It's not terrible for city driving and most of my commute is highway. 6th gear is pretty much useless though. I do plan on getting a regear to 5.13 but just haven't had the cash.
View attachment 161054

Looking good! Now I have 37" envy!

Flat Top

37s/4.10s/auto with the same opinion, it's not that bad. I still have plenty of power to merge into traffic and pass, Houston is flat though. Downshifting on the highway with hills is really my only gripe.

T

BTW, nice looking rig!

utiadam

LOSER
Thanks guys. I have yet to drive up hills or into the mountains with the 37s but it was pretty bad with 35s lol. This could be interesting....

Top Bottom