Re Gearing And C-Gussets Quote

TrailHunter

Hooked
If I only had one shop to choose from and their prices were inflated.... I’d highly consider watching a shit ton of gearing videos, write ups, etc... buying the proper tools and doing it myself.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Wow. Limited choices in Montana I guess.

Definitely seems that way so far.

If I only had one shop to choose from and their prices were inflated.... I’d highly consider watching a shit ton of gearing videos, write ups, etc... buying the proper tools and doing it myself.

Unfortunately I don’t have a garage to work in or a paved driveway for that matter... otherwise I would definitely go that route

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Druhm06

I was just quotes around $700-750 for just c gussets and installation. Two different shops gave me roughly the same price, both include new synergy ball joints. A third shop quoted me 340 for the instal without ball joints

Jsouder53

Hooked
Image1532060659.488142.jpg

Just got another quote and this is just for a re gear, this is parts and labor included... and I thought the other place was expensive [emoji51]

And they couldn’t spell Jamie correctly....

BaddestCross

View attachment 306366

Just got another quote and this is just for a re gear, this is parts and labor included... and I thought the other place was expensive [emoji51]

And they couldn’t spell Jamie correctly....

Holy shit! So they're buying parts retail and doubling it then charging $160/hr for labor... At 12 hours, I guess they're expecting to have to do the job twice since it'll blow up the first time and you'll bring it back to them for warranty work. 🤪

Maybe it's your area, but I don't think you should be paying more than $2000 on the high end for both axles parts and labor. More like $1200-$1500 is normal when I was pricing things out.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Jsouder53

Hooked
Holy shit! So they're buying parts retail and doubling it then charging $160/hr for labor... At 12 hours, I guess they're expecting to have to do the job twice since it'll blow up the first time and you'll bring it back to them for warranty work. 🤪

Maybe it's your area, but I don't think you should be paying more than $2000 on the high end for both axles parts and labor. More like $1200-$1500 is normal when I was pricing things out.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

That doesn’t sound right at all. I’d keep looking.

I’m about to start looking in a different state [emoji23] maybe we’ll just have to make a long drive to ORE and add a few more things to the list

TrailHunter

Hooked
For less than $3,000 we could drive to ORE, get our gears done and have a rental vehicle and tour SoCal while the Jeep is getting worked on! Perfect! Now we just save money and figure out a date [emoji23]

Now there is a plan! Vacation & New Gears! Take your Girl to the Beach or Disney for the day, then pick up the Jeep Next Day and Roll. :thumb:

Jsouder53

Hooked
Now there is a plan! Vacation & New Gears! Take your Girl to the Beach or Disney for the day, then pick up the Jeep Next Day and Roll. :thumb:

Absolutely! Might be spring break or next summer (since she is a teacher) but it will happen! We’ll be getting those evo long arms I’ve been wanting too [emoji23]

Jsouder53

Hooked
Just got a quote for 4.88 gears from ORE for next summer! They said it would only be about $1200 [emoji106] can’t wait! Now just waiting to see how much long arms will be.

Top Bottom