Ready for some high performance shocks.

Rccrwlr

What would you suggest over the FOX 2.0 reservoir? Besides CO?

I just find it interesting that no one really knows what makes a shock a performance shock vs a non performance shock. Lots of talk about high speed desert driving but no one says for how long they expect the shock to be responsive. It's just blabber. How about someone explain what makes a Fox shock better than a King or vs a rs9000x pro. I know I've seen the valving discussion video Mel did about the EVO spec kings. They also show the testing they have done. Additionally the kings are on the majority of the KoH rigs that are pounding the hell out of the shocks. What makes them better than the fox or Rancho? This type of discussion is what makes people better informed.

steve_r2

Well I can't comment on rock crawling as I don't do it, however I do desert runs all the time.
I have just gone to Kings 2.5 adjustable so I am getting use to how they perform but I am a lot happier now. I did have Bilstein 5100 and was happy with those but they started to leak on 2 of them after a particularly long hard day.
So I decided to upgrade. I actually got to try out different rigs with both Fox and Kings before I made a decision.... it was only a seat of the pants thing that swung it in favour of the Kings and got to say I am really happy with how they are.
Never had a chance to go in a rig with coilovers but I would love to see how that goes/feels.

Pyro1415

I'll be switching to bilstein 5160s till I run coilovers. On a side note I haven't had a soda since may 2010 and if you go a month or two without it and drink one you will understand why we say it's nasty. Plus it burns.

jeeeep

Hooked
if you go with a reservoir bypass shock, spend the extra money to get them with the adjuster. it'll make it much easier to go from street to offroad versus trying to get them pressurized for a happy medium.
i have the king 2.5 and they are fantastic offroad but a little too stiff on the street. getting them retrofitted with the adjusters is double the difference what I would have paid from the beginning plus all the other stuff I have to deal with to take them off and send them back

Top Bottom