Real Tire Measurements

Rincos

Does anyone have a chart with the real sizes of tires and brands ! I'm really confused because I found out that for example a Goodyear MTR Kevlar 37 is at least 1 inch bigger than Cooper Discoverer STT 37's ! I've seen the tires in a comparison and the difference is huge ! And that's just an example ! Since then I measured a few tires and it was quite impressive , none of the tires I've measured fits the measurements given by the manufacturer !

Thanks guys !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JAGS

Hooked
Does anyone have a chart with the real sizes of tires and brands ! I'm really confused because I found out that for example a Goodyear MTR Kevlar 37 is at least 1 inch bigger than Cooper Discoverer STT 37's ! I've seen the tires in a comparison and the difference is huge ! And that's just an example ! Since then I measured a few tires and it was quite impressive , none of the tires I've measured fits the measurements given by the manufacturer !

Thanks guys !

I think what I've learned is that it's going to be different for each rig and each build. Weight and air pressure will also factor into the equation. Any chart would still just be estimations. There was one site, not sure if it was Discount Tire or not, that gave a measured size. But these did not factor in said weight and air pressure. Eddie posted these tidbits fact in another thread.

heybob

Don't forget rim width. That also affects final height.

I agree with JAGS there is no way to get a real measurement until mounted. I'd suggest looking for rigs in your area with the tires you are interested in.

Rincos

I can imagine that there's a lot of factors influencing the measures but I did it with the tires off the rims ! The differences are substantial !

Rincos

sy8yzyby.jpg

Both are 37"

Rincos

5u3u7yre.jpg

Sorry ! This one
Both 37"
Look at the size difference !

Last edited:

JAGS

Hooked
^^^ Maybe someone can chime in that remembers the site posted in the other tire thread that gave "actual" sizes.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Just put tires on your rig and don't get too technical! If you like a certain tire, just go with it. That's what I've learned. All this advertised height versus true height just gets confusing. To me 35s are 35s and 37s are 37s. My two cents.

Rincos

Just put tires on your rig and don't get too technical! If you like a certain tire, just go with it. That's what I've learned. All this advertised height versus true height just gets confusing. To me 35s are 35s and 37s are 37s. My two cents.

The reason we change everything on a Jeep when stock is to have bigger and better, well,... When I look at a tire and I like it, I would like them to be the size I wish ! Obviously they are not in most cases !
Thanks

JayKay

Caught the Bug
The reason we change everything on a Jeep when stock is to have bigger and better, well,... When I look at a tire and I like it, I would like them to be the size I wish ! Obviously they are not in most cases !
Thanks

Wasn't being a smart ass. Just trying to find a solution to prevent frustration. I've been looking into new tires even though I'm not quite ready for them and I have gotten frustrated at the situation because of all of the options. Right now for me it's between the Toyo M/T and TrailGrappler in 35x12.50R17. Probably gonna come down to price and availability when the time comes.

Top Bottom