Rear aftermarket seat (Single) 2DR - Baby coming 🏻

JKbrick

The top right of the seat back has a coin holder or something like it is the middle part of a front split bench seat with the back of the drivers side removed

BenJKWrangler15

The top right of the seat back has a coin holder or something like it is the middle part of a front split bench seat with the back of the drivers side removed

And you are right - Found out the seat was salvage from a 1990 Ford 250. It's a jumper seat - will have to hit the junkyard or something to find one I guess. In the mean time, I'll keep looking for other alternative seats

BenJKWrangler15

I believe that's the Little Passengers brand seat. If I remember correctly they only list JKU's as far as Wrangler's go. Might be worth contacting them though.

I'll look that up right away!

I don't see how the 2dr guys fit rear facing baby/kid seats in a 2dr JK. I have a Chico NextFit and Britax Frontier 90 for my 2 kids, and it's a tight fit on the back of a JK. Even with one seat, it's a PITA. Once the kids are old/heavy enough to go front facing it isn't too bad. But with rear facing seats, what ever side of the vehicle you have the seat on, the front seat has to be pretty far forward. Uncomfortable if you are taller than maybe 5 ft and a few inches, and also sitting with your knees in the dash, with your face right in the airbag zone. That's in a 4dr, so I can only imagine how tight a 2dr would be. F that. If there were a way to deactivate the passenger side airbag I'd put a kid's seat there, but unfortunately there isn't a way to do that without also deactivating the driver's side, and throwing an airbag light.

My sister-in-law has one of these, I'll borrow hers and see how everything fits in there.

I don't think anybody makes anything. It's a huge liability risk to start changing the way seats mount in a vehicle. It wouldn't be hard to do but I don't think I would put a baby in a custom mounted seat.

Damn OverlanderJK, I never would of guess that you actually had something that's neither rude or sarcastic to say. I like that side of you!

If he wanted a mini van he would have got a town and country to start with.

This ^^^ :cheesy: xD

catahoula

Caught the Bug
And you are right - Found out the seat was salvage from a 1990 Ford 250. It's a jumper seat - will have to hit the junkyard or something to find one I guess. In the mean time, I'll keep looking for other alternative seats

Maybe you can find an old frame for jk back seat and cut it down.

GoldenJK

I don't think anybody makes anything. It's a huge liability risk to start changing the way seats mount in a vehicle. It wouldn't be hard to do but I don't think I would put a baby in a custom mounted seat.

You're probably right about liability but the OE design isn't all that strong. Back in 2008 My jeep got rear ended pretty bad. Did a lot of damage and the force of the hit was enough that the rear seat released from the floor brackets. I'm sure I can come up with something more solid. Just not sure the lawyers will agree.

zimm

Caught the Bug
I can't believe I read the whole thread to find out it's 1.5 years old. :naw: That kid is probably forward facing by now.

Top Bottom