Rear brake chirp, chirp, chirp with big brake kit

Fordracing19

Anyone else have issues with the rear brakes chirping? Carbon Offroad says my runout is good at .008 and the issue is with the oversized brakes amplifying the runout compared to stock. I have the Dynatrac kit for Dana 44's.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Anyone else have issues with the rear brakes chirping? Carbon Offroad says my runout is good at .008 and the issue is with the oversized brakes amplifying the runout compared to stock. I have the Dynatrac kit for Dana 44's.
Is it a, rotating on a smooth road chirp... or when you hit small bumps chirp?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Ok.. I asked because on mine the stainless guide clips that the pads slide on, start to squeak/chirp after a few runs in the dirt... and need to be re-greased. Its f’n annoying.
This^^ check all the hardware and make sure it’s installed right. They will cause a noise then go away when pedal is applied

WJCO

Meme King
Every manufacturer is different, but .008 seems like a lot of runout to me. I would expect no greater than .003 at the axle flange and no greater than .005 with the rotor installed.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Every manufacturer is different, but .008 seems like a lot of runout to me. I would expect no greater than .003 at the axle flange and no greater than .005 with the rotor installed.
My rears also started making rotational noise after a run... Trying to determine all that .003 vs .005 math seemed pointless since it was making noise and driving me crazy... Plus I figured It was good to upgrade to chromoly shafts anyway. Swapped them in.. problem solved.

Fordracing19

My rears also started making rotational noise after a run... Trying to determine all that .003 vs .005 math seemed pointless since it was making noise and driving me crazy... Plus I figured It was good to upgrade to chromoly shafts anyway. Swapped them in.. problem solved.
This is my replacement shafts from Carbon. They squeaked after install so I took measurements.

Top Bottom