Rear Brake Hard Line Reroute

Okay, so I have searched and could not find what I am looking for. I was wondering if anyone has rerouted the rear brake hard line into the inside of the frame instead of the stupid outside ( such a stupid design! ) I guess I can just carefully bend it and run it where I wish. Just hoping there was a wrote up or something that I may have missed.

Thanks!

andrew -

MTG

Caught the Bug
Yep. Just bent mine up and out of the way...AFTER my sway bar end link bolt grabbed ahold of the line and bent it to the point of almost failure.

I'll take a pic in a bit.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
We have ours re-routed and most people running coil overs do too. You just need to carefully bend it as you seemed to have figured out. With coil overs, you can re-route it close to the spring perch.

We have ours re-routed and most people running coil overs do too. You just need to carefully bend it as you seemed to have figured out. With coil overs, you can re-route it close to the spring perch.

Ya... guess I need to take my "patience pill" in the morning...

Any pics would be great!

andrew -

Last edited:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Here you go.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1362725222.687310.jpg
Passenger side.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1362725235.187499.jpg
Drivers side. That straight line scratched into the frame is from the sway bar bolt.

Edit: You can see the factory clip in the lower pic and see how far I rerouted them up.

Kewl thanks! I was thinking about straitening them out to run them on the inside of the frame. Guess they just need to be out of the way... once again, what a dumb place to put them!

andrew -

stink bug

Just ran mine this evening through. Drilled and bolted up where tab can be seen.

Attachments

• D7602E6E-5F0A-4960-B2CC-54A066A9A789.jpeg
    D7602E6E-5F0A-4960-B2CC-54A066A9A789.jpeg
    202.6 KB · Views: 18
Top Bottom