Rear Brake Line Mod

noroad

So I need to ask. What size lift are you running? And what the difference between this and the brake line relocation brackets? (Cough teraflex)

I was told by Northridge that my rear brake lines should be extended or relocated as when I am at full flex in the rear I am close to the limits of the line.

the one i did it on has about 3.5/4 inch's of lift, but its mainly to the brake lines out of the firing line of the tires.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
So I need to ask. What size lift are you running? And what the difference between this and the brake line relocation brackets? (Cough teraflex)

I was told by Northridge that my rear brake lines should be extended or relocated as when I am at full flex in the rear I am close to the limits of the line.

You use this in conjunction with the new brake lines.

10frank9

Web Wheeler

I'm running 4" of lift and yes I did this mod with a new pair of aftermarket lines. If you check out my first post you'll also see I used plastic furniture plugs to isolate the lines in the frame. :yup:

OJK12

I'm running 4" of lift and yes I did this mod with a new pair of aftermarket lines. If you check out my first post you'll also see I used plastic furniture plugs to isolate the lines in the frame. :yup:

I was thinking about where the zip tie was where the line was laying on the frame rail, maybe there is something there I can't see or maybe it's no big deal I was just curious.

SFNick

I was thinking about where the zip tie was where the line was laying on the frame rail, maybe there is something there I can't see or maybe it's no big deal I was just curious.

I don't know if there is much moving of the hardline but I used rubber grommets to isolate the line.

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug

When you are mid install you could put some heat shrink tubing over the line and use that if you are concerned about the rubbing.

hbkid22

You use this in conjunction with the new brake lines.

Do you need new brake lines if you go with the Teraflex relocation brackets? Just wondering if I need new lines or not at this point...

Edit: Ultimately this will be the route I go but just not sure at this point I want to deal with new lines.

Last edited:
Anyone else done this yet? Any other things you have done to protect the lines? Did you run a little longer lines due to moving them up a few inches (to above the frame)?

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Anyone else done this yet? Any other things you have done to protect the lines? Did you run a little longer lines due to moving them up a few inches (to above the frame)?

This is on my list as I almost took out a line testing flex after the coil install. I ordered the DTD lines to move them to the upper coil perch, or inside the frame which the standard lines they give you are long enough to do the inside the frame, but I am lazy and havent taken the time to move them to either spot yet.

10frank9

Web Wheeler

Just running the lines that came with my EVO Mfg. Enforcer.

This is on my list as I almost took out a line testing flex after the coil install. I ordered the DTD lines to move them to the upper coil perch, or inside the frame which the standard lines they give you are long enough to do the inside the frame, but I am lazy and havent taken the time to move them to either spot yet.

Ya, I've been having rubbing issues. I think JAGS posted a picture in your thread. I like how he did those, using the retaining clip. Post up pictures in the thread when your done. Ill do the same.....

swampdog

Easy job. You will spend more time bleeding then replacing the line. You can have this done in less than an hour. Make sure you have a cheap bleeder kit / bottle and it will be a breeze. You will need a second person.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I was nervous too, buy they bend really easy.

Attachments

• 1454854332380.jpg
    1454854332380.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 277
Top Bottom