Rear bumper Choice

moorecb3

As far as other options, there is EVO and PS. Personally, I think the PS is pretty fugly but that is all I can really say about it.
Another option is to just run the AEV tire carrier with no bumper. It still swings out with the tail gate because it's linked and you still get the departure angle benefit.

I liked the posion spyder at first but the more I saw it, something just didn't feel right about it. I wish I could get evo but thats pretty far out of my budget right now

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I liked the posion spyder at first but the more I saw it, something just didn't feel right about it. I wish I could get evo but thats pretty far out of my budget right now

There is also the Crawler Concepts one.

I probably missed it in the thread - What size tire are you going too?

moorecb3

There is also the Crawler Concepts one.

I probably missed it in the thread - What size tire are you going too?

I was just looking at the crawler concepts one, but cant find a whole lot of info on it.

and 35s, probably wont ever go over 37s

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I was just looking at the crawler concepts one, but cant find a whole lot of info on it.

and 35s, probably wont ever go over 37s

It is pretty new, but then so is the company. There is a local Jeep that just had one installed and is hanging a 40 off of it. If he is out next weekend I'll try to get a look at it.

You could also just keep your stock setup if you are just going to 35s. Make sure you support it properly so it doesn't rattle and it won't fail on you.

moorecb3

It is pretty new, but then so is the company. There is a local Jeep that just had one installed and is hanging a 40 off of it. If he is out next weekend I'll try to get a look at it.

You could also just keep your stock setup if you are just going to 35s. Make sure you support it properly so it doesn't rattle and it won't fail on you.

That would be awesome thank you! I was curious to how strong it was. and that was my original plan, but I got rear ended by a lifted truck a few weeks ago and it actually cracked my stock tire carrier. That's why I'm looking to just spend the little extra and get something a little more study.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
That would be awesome thank you! I was curious to how strong it was. and that was my original plan, but I got rear ended by a lifted truck a few weeks ago and it actually cracked my stock tire carrier. That's why I'm looking to just spend the little extra and get something a little more study.

Can't blame you there. Glad that it wasn't anything serious. There is also this thread on the carrier. http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=26358

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Why not just get another stock carrier? People just throw them away so you should be able to pick one up for free.

shortyokc

I went through the same thing, went back and forth between lod, crawler concept, poison Spyder, and evo. I ended up with lod mainly for what I was suggested on this forum. I originally wanted the evo body tire carrier but for my needs was a over kill. Eddie highly suggested lod for my end goals and had nothing but praise for their quality, design, and expandability. I ordered the lod from Northridge and got it in about 2 weeks. Install was a breeze, everything fit, well designed, and no modifying parts to install. It's been on for a few months and have had 0 problems and I don't regret buying lod. It's quiet, doesn't rattle, solid, and no issues with pulling trailers.

shortyokc

Here are some pics

Attachments

• 1434159519703.jpg
    1434159519703.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 79
  • 1434159539484.jpg
    1434159539484.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 78
  • 1434159579389.jpg
    1434159579389.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 78
  • 1434159616630.jpg
    1434159616630.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 78

moorecb3

Here are some pics

That looks really good! I still love this bumper, Just trying to decide if I want to go this route or tire carrier and no bumper.

What LED's are you running in the bumper, because I know that is another added expense?

shortyokc

Just some cree chinese flush mount leds I got for $50 for the pair. All the bolt holes and cut outs fit with no issues and saved me a lot of $$$

moorecb3

Just some cree chinese flush mount leds I got for $50 for the pair. All the bolt holes and cut outs fit with no issues and saved me a lot of $$$

Thats kind of a relief, this bumper would be at the top end of my budget and really wouldnt have over 200 for rigid.

shortyokc

I'm also using the tag relocation bracket as a spare tire lock. Just put a pad lock where the pin goes. I also used some light bolts from a motorcycle shop for a clean simple look

Attachments

• 1434161345055.jpg
    1434161345055.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 87
  • 1434161359154.jpg
    1434161359154.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 85
Top Bottom