Rear corners ???

Devallee

Jerms, here is the catch with the builder flares I'm running.....the cool little tubing added to the bottom is only available if the install is done at Off Road Evolution (I think? Drew/Chris please confirm). At least when I bought mine, I was told by Mel or Lisa at the shop that the tubing is added AFTER the corners are initially fitted, just before final install of the corners. I think if you buy the builder flares and have them shipped to you, they will come without tubing. You can see my flares are completely fitted, but have no tubing added yet.

What exactly is the significance of that tubing at the bottom?

GCM 2

Did you remove or cut any of the stock sheet metal/ fender after the install?

The only stock sheet metal that gets trimmed would be where the factory brake lights are and its because the replacement LED light locations do not align with the stock holes, the lower outside corner of the taillight area gets trimmed out significantly.

What exactly is the significance of that tubing at the bottom?

The tubing is really just an add-on for jeeps that choose to not run a rear bumper. However, the tubing adds a protective lip to the sharp sheet metal edge that would normally be protected by a bumper (see the photo of the blue jeep previously posted), it adds strength to keep the corner armor from deforming and gives it a nice clean finished look.

rtguy1

put it this way...if you wanna pay evo can make whatever armor you want. i'm in cali and no fenders are illegal. i have mudflaps that negate the need for rear fenders. with that said i havent had em on in months and have had no issues. chp usually buzz me and wave or give a thumbs up....no joke. i also am running full width axles with slabs and have front psc narrow flares. my tires are out there. as GCM said, you will fling some mud for sure tho. call evo for some badass custom armor...you wont be disappointed View attachment 54472 View attachment 54473 View attachment 54474 View attachment 54475

Sharkey

Word Ninja
MTG had the bottom tubes put on locally. We fit the corners, had tubes welded on, then the corners come off for powder coating, then you reinstall.

Brankz

put it this way...if you wanna pay evo can make whatever armor you want. i'm in cali and no fenders are illegal. i have mudflaps that negate the need for rear fenders. with that said i havent had em on in months and have had no issues. chp usually buzz me and wave or give a thumbs up....no joke. i also am running full width axles with slabs and have front psc narrow flares. my tires are out there. as GCM said, you will fling some mud for sure tho. call evo for some badass custom armor...you wont be disappointed View attachment 54472 View attachment 54473 View attachment 54474 View attachment 54475

Wow... I'm in love with your rig...

Brankz

Top Bottom