Rear D44 axle housing value?

WEN2FAS

My buddy has a Dana 44 rear axle housing with gears and locker out of a 2010 Rubicon with 65k miles he would like to sell. What should he list it for? Thanks

Robertcrav

Man...Im having a tough time getting my stock one sold with 3.73s and limited slip with only 18k miles...i have it listed for $2k or best with a complete matching front dana 30

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
1500 $

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

$1500 on a 7 year old axle with 65k miles? No way.

Man...Im having a tough time getting my stock one sold with 3.73s and limited slip with only 18k miles...i have it listed for $2k or best with a complete matching front dana 30

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Your factory axles are garbage. Dana 30 isn't worth a damn even if you scrap it. Rear 44 non rubicon worth about $200-300. You haven't sold them because your price is what rubicon axles go for.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

benatc1

Hooked
I got 350 for my dana 30 after trying to sell it for over a month. there is no value in it Iike said above. the rear isn't much worth much more to be honest. rubicon could go for a bit more but more people are probably looking for a front to replace their dana 30

Sent from my SM-G928V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sullivan

My buddy has a Dana 44 rear axle housing with gears and locker out of a 2010 Rubicon with 65k miles he would like to sell. What should he list it for? Thanks

It's not really worth anything. Maybe a few hundred bucks to someone that broke or bent an axle, but most guys would just upgrade to a 60. By the time your done do anything to a stock axle, your already 3/4 of the way to a semi float at least.
I gave away my stock 30 for obvious reasons. And my complete stock 44 is buried in the corner of my shop for a while now. I've used it for a step stool from time to time.

Robertcrav

Your factory axles are garbage. Dana 30 isn't worth a damn even if you scrap it. Rear 44 non rubicon worth about $200-300. You haven't sold them because your price is what rubicon axles go for.

Sold the complete front 30, to someone that was rebuilding a salvaged JK for $1k this weekend... counting my blessings

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Sullivan

Sold the complete front 30, to someone that was rebuilding a salvaged JK for $1k this weekend... counting my blessings

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

You sold your 30 for $1000? God lord. Did you use some KY first?
Well, it's good for you but call the guy back and ask if he wants to buy some property I have for sale.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug

He might have better luck breaking it down and selling it in pieces. Plus, it would be easier to ship. The axle tube isn't worth anything, but the locker, gears, axle shafts probably would be worth a few bucks.

Top Bottom